Thirty Three

Myungsoo

I hear what's on their mind. They scream curiosity. Curious to what really happened to Minji. Minji's coffin is slowly being buried by soil and I just stand here watching everything. Her classmates came to witness her last day on earth. Even my friends (Infinite) came and Sungyeol gives me a stare that everything is my fault.

We made everything look like it was an accident. We made it look like both of us got into a car accident and I was the only one who survived. We made it look that way since my wounds are not yet healed.

They know nothing... They witnessed nothing.

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder but I have no energy to check who that is. I just keep on staring at Minji's coffin. By the presence of the owner of the hand, I'm suspecting it's Woohyun.

"The council is here," he whispered.

"Tell them to get lost," I lifelessly said.

"They're here to help, Myungsoo."

I look at the very far end of the field and there, behind the bushes and trees, the council stand.

"Help?" I scoffed. "What help can they give me? Can they bring Minji back?!" I look at Woohyun with my watery eyes.

"Tell them to extend their help if the help they'll provide is bringing Minji back to life," I said and walks out of the burial. I can't take to see them bury Minji anymore!

I want Minji back! Bring her back!

I run as fast as I can as tears stream down my cheeks.

******

I stare at her picture which is on my hands. She looks so happy in this picture. It looks like we weren't facing any problems with that smile. I touch her cheek through the photo and a tear fell on the picture from my eyes.

"I'm sorry, babe," I whisper and kiss her. I placed the picture back in her box of personal things. I was about to close it when I saw the Pride and Prejudice book I gave her. I grab it and more tears stream down my cheeks as I remember her reading this to me. I open the book and there are writings on it.

I discovered Myungsoo's past. He finally opened up to me. He told me everything and it made me realize how painful it was for him. I always complain how ruined my life is but he made me realize that everything has a reason. And it made me realize that if I did not agree to come with aunt Isabelle in this town, I wouldn't have met a wonderful person like him.

I love him so much and I want to do anything just to be alive. To be with him... I know that I can't be with him FOREVER for he's immortal and I'm just a very normal girl who's waiting for my time. Time when my heart decides to stop functioning.

I want to give thanks to YOU up there, I cannot wish for anything anymore for myself for you have already given me more than anything I hoped for... Hope... Happiness... Life. But let me ask one thing from you... Please take care of Myungsoo. Let him move on quickly once I'm already gone. He was already shattered when his mother died and I don't want him to experience it again. Don't let him remember all the bad things but instead, fill his mind and heart with happy memories.

I hope it isn't much to ask for... I love him so much and I want all the best for him.

Tears continuously fill the books as they stream down my cheeks.
Why am I so stupid that I didn't even know she has heart disease? I have all this powers but I was not able to detect it! Why didn't I sense the day Minji was dragged by the ghoul? Why am I so freaking useless?! I could have saved her! She would still be alive!

I hug the book on my chest and cry my eyes out. I want you back, Minji! I need you!

********

"Come on, Myungsoo, we'll be late," Kyungsoo called me as he is trying to fix his hair while staring at the mirror.

"I'm coming," I said and got out of my room. I ruffled his hair as I passed by him which annoyed him.

"Yah! I've been fixing my hair for an hour now!" He said and clicked his tongue. I just smirked at him and ruffle his hair more.

"Ready?" Sehun asked as he saw me. I nodded.

It's been four weeks since Minji's death and since then, I left my house and lived with the boys again. I have no reason to live there anymore. It just brings memories of Minji and I together and I will go crazy if I'll stay there alone.

Jiyong invited us to come to the ceremony of welcoming the new member of our clan. I actually got confused about him inviting us. We never give this kind of treatment to new turned vampires. He told us that this person is very special so we have to come.

"Guys! What's taking you so long?" Xiumin called us from outside the hideout sounding annoyed.

"We're coming!" Sehun answered and looks at Kyungsoo. "That's enough, Kyungsoo. Whatever styling of hair you do, you still look the same."

"That doesn't sound like a compliment but I'll pretend that it is," he pouts. Sehun and I laughs.

We drove to the council's office using Baekhyun's car he'd been boasting since last week. He said he bought it using his first salary from his new job. As we arrive the council's office, Dara immediately greeted us.

"It's so nice to see you again," she said as she gave me a tight hug, tighter than what she did with the other boys. She pulled away and looks at me with a comforting smile.

"I'm fine," I assured her as I read her mind.

"I know you'll be. Let's go inside. They are waiting," she led us inside all the way to the ceremony hall.

"Is it only us? Where are the other vampires?" Sehun asked. Puzzled to see that the hall us empty.

"I thought the new turned vampire is important? Where is everybody?" Kyungsoo asked.

"It is only your group who should witness the ceremony," we all turned to where the voice came from and saw Jiyong coming from the door. Chaerin, Minzy, Bom, and Daesung are with him.

"What are you talking about? Why is it only us?" I ask.

"You'll know once you see the new turned vampire," Chaerin said and smiles at me.

"They say she's ready," Jiyong said after communicating with someone through his mind.

"She?" Suho asked.

"So the new turned vampire is a girl?" Xiumin asked.

"How are we related to her?" Sehun asked.

"You ask too much question," Jiyong chuckles. "Seungri and Top, bring her in," Jiyong commanded and the two boys went in with a girl between them.

My eyes widen as the girl looks at me and smile. Am I hallucinating?

"What the hell?" Baekhyun reacted and I know I'm not hallucinating.

"Minji??" The other boys reacted in unison.

"You see her, too?" I ask them to confirm that I am not hallucinating.

"The hell, bro! She's real!" Kyungsoo said and dashed towards Minji to give her a hug.

Minji stares at me as she pulled away from Kyungsoo's hug. "Aren't you going to give me a hug too?" She smiles.

"You're real," I blurted out and dash to give her a tight hug.