Eight

Minji

I am driving my way to Mika and Miko's house right now. The conversation I had with Myungsoo this morning bugged me for the whole day and I was not able to focus with the professor's lessons.

You remind me of her. Those words keeps on repeating on my mind. Who is this girl? Don't tell me it's Mika and he still cannot forget about her. Oh my God! Teenage drama! This is why I hate this stage of life. A lot of dramas are going on!

There are already a lot of people when I came and even before I could come out of my car, I can already hear the loud sound system. So this is what Mika means of few schoolmates she invited. It's more on like the whole school attended.

"Hey, I thought you wouldn't make it," Miko beamed as he saw me enter their crowded house. Did their parents approved to this? Where are their parents anyway?

"Happy Birthday," I said as I gave him a hug. "Where's your sister?"

"She's in the kitchen," he said. I thanked him and made my way to their kitchen. Before I could even reach it, I passed a lot of students who are really having the time of their life. Some of them are already busted.

"Hey, there," I gave Mika a hug as I, at last, reached her.

"Hey," she smiles so wide. "So glad you made it."

"Wouldn't miss it," I lied. I hate this kind of parties. Well, as what Sooyeon said, what do I don't like? I only came for my friends.

I got a small box from the pocket of my jacket and gave it to her. "Happy Birthday."

"You shouldn't have to," she smiled and accepted my gift. "Thanks anyway." She opened the box and a silver bracelet with two diamonds revealed. "Oh my God! This is perfect!"

"Glad you like it," I felt relieved when she liked the gift.

"Who wouldn't? This is really nice," she said and wore it immediately. "See? It fits perfectly."

"Nice party," I commented as she went back on doing what she was doing a while ago. She's putting out more beers from the fridge.

"Thanks. I bet mom and dad will turn into beasts once they find out about this," she chuckle.

"Where are they anyway?" I asked and accepted the beer she's offering me. "Thanks."

"Out of town business. They'll be back in a month," she simply said. I did not ask questions anymore for I don't want to intrude in their personal lives.

"Hey ladies," Miko beamed as we made our way in the living room. "Enjoying the party, Minji?"

"Yeah," I faked a smile. When will I be out of this party? I look around as Miko and Mika talk to their other guests and I spotted a familiar face. This familiar man is now approaching me. Who is this guy again? I'm sure I've already seen him somewhere.

"Hi," he flashes his white teeth.

"Hi," I said back.

"You probably don't remember me," he said and held his hand out to me. "Let me formally introduce myself. I'm Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol."

"Oh, yeah I remember. You we're the one who bumped onto me yesterday," I said and accepted his hand. "Minji. Song Minji."

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I was just in a hurry to see Myungsoo," he explained and I also remember that he's friends with that guy. Holy! So does it mean that he's here too?

"It's fine," I said and look around hoping to see Myungsoo. Wait a sec! Did I just say hoping? "Are your friends here too?

"Yeah, they're here. Well, except for Myungsso. He doesn't attend parties like this. In fact, we never had a chance to bond during night," he explained.