One

Minji

Furniture continuously shatter. Screams and shouts can be heard, passing through the walls of my room. I sit in my favorite spot of my room, inside my built in cabinet. I plug in my earphones in my ears and put my favorite music to its highest volume. I leaned my head on the wooden wall of the cabinet and close my eyes.

I hate my life!

Why do these things happen every time? Why do I live here? Why do I have parents like them? Why was I even born? What is my purpose? Why am I existing?

I hate my life!

Minutes later, my cabinet creaked open and revealed my mom who looks like she's been beaten to death. Her hair is a total mess and her lips are cracked, having stain of blood at the edge of it.

"What are you doing, sweetie?" She said in a calm tone of voice which made me nauseous. Why does she always act like nothing happened after their major fight with my father?

"Are you two finish?" I lifelessly ask as I hang my legs at the wooden cabinet. I hop out of it and grab my jacket.

"Are you hungry?" She asks, following me wherever I go.

"You should have asked me that before you tried to kill each other,"I answer her and made my way out of my room. I roll my eyes at the sight of our house. Broken furniture scatter in the living room, shattered plates and glasses in the kitchen and my father sitting on our brown couch, clutching a fistful of his hair while staring at his feet.

I continue my way to where the shoes are and wore my favorite boots. I wore my jacket that's been hanging on my shoulder and opened our front door.

"Where are you going?" Mom asks.

"Isn't it obvious? Trying to get the hell out of here," I said and continued my way out of this miserable house. I don't know where to go honestly. I just want to get away from them.

"Do not tire yourself. You know your condition," I heard my mom say as I walk past our front yard gate.

Yeah, right! Why does she have to remind me about my condition again?! This freaking aneurysm! What is aneurysm? Well, it's just that there is a bulge or weakness in the wall of my blood vessel. It can enlarge over time and may be life threatening if they rupture due to stress or too much emotions. In short, it's life threatening! Dad said I got it due to mom's frequent smoking and drinking of alcohol when I was still inside her belly. Great, isn't it?!

I heaved a heavy sigh as I walk down our serene street. Where should I go? I decided to scoop my phone in my pocket and dialled my friend's number, Sooyeon.

"Hey, chinggu, 'ssup?" She beamed on the other line.

"Are you free today?" I ask.

"Yeah, want company again?" She asks. This girl is my only friend and knows everything about me.

"If you are free."

"Meet me at our favorite diner. Be there in a jiffy," she said and hanged up. I put my phone back in my pocket and walked my way to the diner.

Sooyeon is not yet in the diner as I arrive. I decided to sit at the very corner of the place which Sooyeon really dislikes but agrees with me every time I insist. A lady approaches me and I ordered just a strawberry smoothie.

Sooyeon came at the same time as my order. She immediately spotted me and sat across me. I thanked the lady for my order and immediately sip from it.

"So," she clears her throat. "It happened again?"

I just stared at my smoothie and stir it using my straw.