{Chapter 10}

I growled in frustration, throwing my phone on my comforter. Seriously?! WHY?!

Jake asked me out, and I couldn't believe my luck. Leave it to me to have the most annoying phone ever.

I flopped back on the bed. Hopefully nothing bad happens because I didn't answer.
~****~

I rummaged through the flower pots in determination, swearing that I'd find the spare key.

Andy stood behind me, a sleeping Lisa in his arms. She nestled into his shoulder, warm puffs of breath coming from her mouth. She looked so peaceful, nothing could bring her down.

I, on the other hand, was a complete wreck.

I had barely slept a wink the night before, due to Jake's question. I was so angry that my phone died, and Andy and Addie didn't have the same phone I did, their chargers wouldn't fit my phone because I had an IPhone, while they had Samsungs.

So I was stuck waiting until the morning to get everything.

"Hallie?" Andy yawned.

"Yes?" I asked, not turning around. God, I really needed to find that spare.

"Whenever I said we could go get your stuff in the morning, you know I didn't really mean at 4:00, right?"

Okay, I admit. Asking him to get up at 4:00 was extreme, but I had no other option.

I had to let Jake know my answer was yes. I had to.

So, I decided to play it off innocently.

"What? I had no idea.."

Andy scoffed. "I may be tired, but I'm not an idiot, Hallie."

He chuckled and I shook my head. "Did I accuse you of being one?" I snapped. I just wasn't in the mood. All I wanted was to pack our clothes in a bag along with my charger, bring it to Andy's and Addie's, and text Jake. Was that seriously too much to ask?

Andy shook his head. "God, Hallie, bitch much? I was just messing with you. Lisa probably was right. I think you are on your period."

I swallowed. "I'm sorry, Andy."

He shook his head. "Yeah, whatever."

The rest of the time he was silent, not saying anything to me at all. Every now and then I'd hear him grunt and shuffle, and I knew Lisa's weight was getting to him.

Finally, after searching forever, I gave up. I just couldn't deal with searching for the key anymore.

I sighed and stood up, turning to face Andy. "I can't find it. Let's just go."

I walked in front of him and he followed behind.

Nothing would've stopped us, except the sound of the door opening did.

I turned and so did Andy.

Mom stood, arms crossed, in the doorway, her fuzzy pajama pants and her pink robe being the only thing that I could look at. I still couldn't face her after what almost happened.

She cocked her head and gestured to the both of us. "You can come in."

And even though he was angry at me only moments before, Andy gripped my hand, sending waves of comfort through me. I knew he was there for me. He always would be.

I took a shaky breath. "Sure."

And so we walked into the house, uncertain of what lied ahead of us.

~******~

Mom led the way, and as we walked in, there was one thing I could point out- the atmosphere hadn't changed from the night before. It was still tense as always.