Chapter 38 - Goodbye!

Shehryaar's POV

I stepped out of the washroom, fully dressed in a Blue hoodie and Black jeans and I threw the wet towel on the bed.

I approached the dressing table and switched on the dryer. Bringing the dryer close to my head, I started drying my hair while whistling and after few minutes my hair was completely dried.

I applied some gel on my hair before setting it perfectly and turned around. Seeing Hussain was still in bed made me scoff irritatingly. I rolled my eyes and jumped on the bed.

"Hussain wake up!! We need to get to the airport!" I shook his shoulder saying and he just hummed before he shifted his position to the other side.

I jumped to the other side and pulled his pillow off and yet he still stayed put, wasn't affected at all.

"Hus..." I lost my voice in my throat when I saw traces of tears that were already dried along his nose down to his chin. I sighed, shaking my head as I brushed my thumb on it.

Saala aansou bhi theek se chupa nahi sakta tum...aur usse ki hue mohabbat kaise chupaoge?

"Hussain! Wake up!" I shook his shoulder rather harshly this time and he growled in irritation.

"Kia hai yaar Shehry? Sone do na." He whined like a child as he trailed for pillow and caught it, bringing it back to his head.

"Airport nahi jaana hai kya? We're going home today remember?" I questioned and on cue, his eyes were shot open and he widened his eyes at me before he abruptly sat on the bed.

"Shoot! I forgot! I couldn't sleep last night...slept quite late, that's why. I'm sorry." He sighed as he brushed his palms against his face, yawning. He then raised his hand up, slipping it into his hair and scratched it lazily.

"I know. I just saw it." I replied as I looked down at the tip of my fingers that brushed his dried tears earlier and he turned towards me, furrowed.

"Uh?" He responded confusedly and I looked up at him, wearing a smile as I shook my head slightly.

"Nothing. Go take a bath...after breakfast we'll leave." I said, ruffling his hair and he shrugged though I know he wanted to ask more.

"Okay." He obeyed as he got off the bed and entered the washroom.

I breathed out a heavy breath when he disappeared from my sight and closed my eyes. Knowing very well that he's in pain but I couldn't do anything to ease it made me feel so bad.

I then got off the bed and started packing Hussain's stuffs when my mobile rang. I took a pause and walked to the dressing table to get my mobile. A wide smile was spread across my lips upon sighting Nida's name.

"Hello!" I greeted as soon as I answered the call and heard she sighed deeply.

"Hey. How are you?" She asked softly and I closed my eyes when her voice touched my eardrums, breathing out a sharp breath.

I missed her.

I opened my eyes and dropped my gaze on me, scanning myself and upon sighting my few bandaged areas made me bite my bottom lip. I walked to the bed and settled down there before I parted my lips.

"I'm good. How are you and...our love?" I asked and earned her soft giggle from the other side.

"I'm good and he's excellent too. Just that we both missed you." She sighed and I could clearly sense the pout in her voice.

"I called you so many times but you weren't picking up. What happened? I was worried...I am." She added again, her voice held some sort of anxiety made me clutch my mobile tight.