Chapter 24 - Refreshing Memories

Heyloo! Still remember me? *Grins idiotically* Hahaha.

After a month, finally Mohabbat is back!! xD So sorry for keeping you guys wait. :(

Happy reading! ♡

**********

Hawa's POV

I flickered up my eyes and gazed my own reflection on the mirror. I looked good in this Peach heavy fabric which was hugging my torso, those jewelleries and make up I had on my face but something was missing. Something was lacking.

My smile...

The smile that was supposed to be on a bride's lips on her Mehndi night was disappeared on mine, the nervousness, restless feeling that a girl should feel when she's getting married was absent in me. In fact, I didn't feel anything at all. I was as empty as a white paper and as blank as an unanswered question.

"Hussain! Hussain!!"

A voice startling me and eventually made my heart take a short pause from beating and as the consequences my head took a sharp turn towards the door in shock. My eyes went wide and I could feel my body was trembling before it calmed down itself after finding a small little boy running in my room, being chased by a girl that seemed like his sister.

I let out a heavy sigh, somewhat felt disappointed for a moment when that was not my eyes wanted to see. Somewhere in me I was hoping for that one person and suddenly something knocked my head, realizing me what was awaiting me tomorrow made me hurriedly shake my head and brushed the face away.

"Hussain you liar! Stop!!"

The girl yelled again from on top of her lungs, making my heart jolt within my chest at the name that escaped her small lips.

I gulped down before exhaling slightly when the boy stopped not far from me as he looked here and there, probably in search for a place or something to save himself and a small smile made it's way up to my lips looking at him.

I slowly got up, leaving the dressing table and stepped towards him.

"Hi." I said, kneeling down in front of him and he blinked his eyes looking at my face while panting slightly before the girl stopped beside him, also panting.

"Hi." He replied shyly as he tried to hide his smile, made me chuckle looking at him.

"So...you're Hussain?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him and he ran his eyes on the girl's face who was shrugging before he laid his gaze on me, nodding his head.

"Yes. I'm Hussain." He voiced cutely and I felt my heart tickled slightly made me bite my lower lip.

"Nice name." I replied with a genuine smile on my lips, bringing up my hand to his face and caressed his cheek softly before I planted a kiss on it.

"You are so cute!" I said sincerely pulling out and my eyes caught his reddish cheeks, made him look even more adorable that I couldn't help but giggle.

"You are so cute too!" He pinched my both cheeks saying and I laughed when he unexpectedly replied my kiss, leaving me stunned for a moment.

"So...what's your name?" I asked the girl beside him and she sighed, taking a moment for herself before she parted her lips.

"I'm Khirad." She introduced herself in her high pitched voice and I smiled hearing it.

"What a nice name." I complimented widening my eyes and automatically a smile was appeared on her poker-face made her look cute now.

"I'm Hawa." I introduced myself without being asked and their eyebrows were lifted up itself upon hearing me.

"Oh! So you're the one getting married tomorrow!" Khirad stated excitedly and my expressions dropped down all of a sudden as I felt something hitched in my throat made it hard for me to gulp. I tried to wear a smile, composing myself and just when I parted my lips, a voice bounced us a little.