Chapter 19 - Phone Calls

Hawa's POV

I sighed as I stood in front of the wooden stand and stared at the white plain canvas. I bit my lower lip as I spun my head to the side and held the plate with my left hand and a brush with me before I turned, facing the board again.

I danced my hand on the white canvas, painting him as every now and then I would changed the colours to make my painting look alive. I brushed the black colour and painted his eyebrows and eyes on the canvas before I changed my colour and trailed down to his nose.

I then entangled a nude colour and drew his lips as I made it curve upwards slightly and my heart skipped a beat when I could see his image from it though it was still not complete. I bit my lower lip as I coloured the face, ears and hair and now I could clearly see him, staring at me.

Soon, I almost finished with the painting and did one last touch up before I took few steps backwards, staring at the canvas and sighed internally when I saw him smiling perfectly on it.

"Hum aapke hain kaun?"

His words came flashing my mind all of sudden and I felt something hitched in my throat as I blinked my eyes faintly. I rolled my lips in between my teeth as my heart beat were quickened all of sudden and I shut my eyes.

I gulped the lump in my throat as I tried to wash his words off my mind but I failed when the same sentence kept banging in my ears. Suddenly I felt like he was looking at me, smiling at me through the canvas which I just drew him and my jaw almost dropped down.

I shut my eyes few times as I rubbed my eyes, shaking my head continously as I sucked in deep before I half-opened my eyes and peeked at the canvas. I chuckled as I smacked the back of my head when the canvas was still frozen in front of me and I finally opened my eyes wide.

"I've gone mad!" I giggled, shaking my head slightly before my expressions dropped down all of sudden and I walked to my bed, taking a seat.

"It would be his last day here tomorrow." Slipped my tongue absentmindedly and I sighed heavily when I felt my heart pained slightly for some odd reasons.

My mobile rang all of sudden startling me and I jumped back slightly out of shock. I exhaled loudly before I furrowed when my gaze fell on the wall clock which was showing 9PM at the moment.

"Must be Hussain. Who else will call me." I responded as I chuckled and got up to the side table.

I bent down, picking up my mobile as it brightened up and something hitched in my throat when I saw the ID. I was frozen right on my tracks as my expressions dropped down all of sudden and I clenched my jaw in nervous unknowingly.

Asad?

I gulped down the lump in my throat when I felt some strange feelings were engulfing me and definitely one of them was guilt. I could clearly feel my eyes moistened as my senses went numb, didn't know what to do or what to react even.

Asad and Hussain's faces kept banging in my head, made me feel even more worse and I bit my lower lip, containing myself. I felt as if everything around me became oblivious when I drowned deep in my feelings, didn't even realize the call has ended itself.

The vibration in my hand shook me again and I flinched a little, looking down at my hand again. I blinked my eyes, brushing the unfallen tears away as I sucked in deep breath before I slowly slid the green button with my shivering thumb.

"A...Assalamualaikum." I greeted as I clutched my mobile real tight and sat on the bed unknowingly as I was having mixed emotions.

"Waalaikumsalam! Did I disturb you?" He quickly asked and I could sense guilt in his tone and this just made a stab of unknowing pain formed in my heart.