Chapter 51

(Comment lots please! :) and vote please!)

Like I'm Going To Lose You - Meghan Trainor

Stay - Miley Cyrus

_________________________

Trisha serves us all food. Passing dishes around the table as the plates pile with food. Once we are all done and have our plates filled, people begin eating. Biting into the delicious food that Trisha has made for us.

"I wish we could have had you two longer." Trisha states before she takes a bite of food. Waliyha stares at Zayn - more along the lines of glaring.

I still have no idea what happened after I left the Dower's residence. But I'm sure it wasn't too great, Waliyha still seemed upset about it.

But she was a teenager, her emotions weren't always the most - well placed. I'm sure she had her own thoughts and confusion on the situation at hand. Thoughts and ideas that she couldn't exactly figure out herself.

Zayn hasn't spoken or replied to his mom. I'm not sure what the look she gives Zayn is about. I choose to ignore it and respond instead.

"If it weren't for school, I would love to stay longer." I reply back to her with a smile. I'm not sure if it's true though, I miss home. Even though it's been a few days I haven't seen all my friends in a while. I missed their company.

Waliyha looks like she's suffering through sever pain every time someone speaks. She's obviously unhappy with almost everyone at the table and I can't say I blame her. I don't know what's going on personally but she obviously is struggling with it.

Her eyes roll with every noise that someone makes. Her lips twisting further into annoyance. Her eyebrows furrowing as she shifts in her seat. I look back to Trisha when she speaks again.

"How are Jonah and Elizabeth?" Trisha takes a bite of her food and looks to Zayn and I.

I mentally want to slap myself. I completely forgot that Jonah and Elizabeth were related to Trisha. It was just strange how worlds separated themselves when you were in one place versus another.

In Boulder I knew Elizabeth and Jonah were Zayn's aunt and uncle. Elizabeth was related to Zayn's dad who is missing/never talked about.

In Bradford Trisha is Zayn's mother and Dean is his step-father and Eleanor's father. The family tree is more complex than I can handle and I always forget the connections made throughout it.

"Good." Zayn answers, very disinterested in the conversation.

"Elizabeth has called a few times. She says that you haven't been by in a while." Trisha glances up at Zayn nonchalantly though I see in her eyes she is trying to find something out.

"Yeah well with between Ireland and Juliet in the hospital I haven't found a lot of time to go see them." He mumbles, he's staring down at his food. I can sense his body tensing and withdrawing more into himself with this conversation.

"Well they want to talk to you Zayn." Trisha says softly. Zayn glances away from Trisha, scoffing and shaking his head. "Zayn." She chastises the way he had responded to her words.

He doesn't reply though. He simply keeps eating his food without another word. Obviously a sensitive subject that he doesn't want to deal with.

Elizabeth and Jonah were close to Zayn though. They got along well, it was his only family out there - besides Eleanor who is now gone. But I can't see why he seems to detest the idea of them needing to speak to him.

He wasn't one who liked to talk a lot, but I figured with Elizabeth and Jonah he would be more open and willing to hear what they may have to say. Whatever it may be.