Chapter 3

Lightweight - Demi Lovato

The Sun Is Rising - Britt Nicole

_________

Zayn POV

I lean against the apartment door, thinking and waiting, hoping and dreaming, hurting and regretting. I stare at my phone, the text message that brought me to this doorstep.

Closing my eyes I rest my head back against the door. I had a plan - I was going to knock down the door and demand to see her. But walking down this hallway, coming to this door, my thoughts managed to cool down.

She came here of all places. She came to Louis instead of coming back to me or going to Sarah. She felt safer with Louis, more comfortable with him than any of her other friends.

I open my eyes and stare down the narrow hallway. I'm not jealous of Louis, just envious. Envious of the fact that she trusted him more than her other friends - probably more than me.

Forcing myself to stand up I look at the door and slowly knock on the door. The sun is barely beginning to rise through the window down the hall. I haven't slept at all tonight, how could I?

The door opens revealing Louis who crosses his arms and leans against the doorway. He looks strangely alert and awake for it being so early in the morning.

"Took you long enough." Louis sighs. "Did you not get my text?" Louis questions.

I don't answer, of course I got his text. The moment I read it I drove over here only to feel my uncontrollable panic and anger subside as I reached the door. All I could do was sit outside the door and wait.

"She here?" I ask quietly.

"She's asleep, but she's here." Louis nods.

When I had questioned Sarah until no end - realizing she truly didn't know where Juliet was I drove around aimlessly. Trying to keep the panicked ideas and theories out of my mind.

"What the hell happened Zayn? What did you do?" I narrow my eyes at Louis who stares directly at me.

"That's not your business." I calmly state, passing him into his apartment.

"The hell it is Zayn. Jules is my friend." Louis says, shutting the door as he turns to me. I stuff my hands into my pockets and look to him, watching him for a moment.

"You're not that good of a friend Louis. You haven't even told her yet." I point out, watching him carefully.

"So Eleanor told you then?" Louis raises an eyebrow, not affected by my statement.

"She's my sister Lou, she was hoping I would tell Juliet about it... I thought it be best coming straight from the source - but I have a feeling you won't tell her." I mumble, glancing over my shoulder to the shut door where I know Juliet sleeps.

"I will." Louis nods, resting his hands in his sweatpants pockets now. "It's just not the time."

"I'm not goig to be responsible for this Louis, you're the one keeping her in the dark." I point out, watching him carefully as he rubs his face.

"I know... I'll tell her, later." Louis nods with assurance and a frown.

"Well it's none of my business." I stare at the door now. "Just like this is none of yours." Louis doesn't reply for a moment, letting my words sink in.

"You should let her sleep Zayn. She was really... shooken up earlier." Louis claims, walking to the couch and sitting down. I see the blanket that is kept there, knowing Louis has slept there.