Chapter 66

Poison & Wine - The Civil Wars

Dark Horse - Sleeping at Last

________________

"Juliet?" I look over to Andrew and slowly stand up. My legs feeling wobbly beneath me. He steps towards me and I shake my head.

I rush past him and charge down the stairs.

"Juliet!" He calls after me but I can't hear him. I storm outside where Erica is watching me. Charles and Louis laughing about something.

"How long have you had this?" I ask, holding up the envelope, the anger lighting inside of me like never before.

"Jules..." She shakes her head. "I... I..."

"I what?" I shout, "How long have you known where he was?" I demand.

"Why do you have that?" Charles eyes narrow on the letter and then he turns to Erica. "Why the hell does she have that?" He shouts now at Erica.

I feel hot anger run in my veins as my eyes narrow in on Charles.

"You both knew." I state, glaring at the two.

"Charles found it yesterday when he wen to Boulder... He asked me not to say anything. I wanted to tell you. I did! But you're happy with Andrew. We just... there are so many things we had to consider." She explains.

"You had no right." Charles low voice barks at Erica as he stands up now. My eyes widen in shock. 

"You had no right. It's a federal offense to steal mail!" I shout at him. Something along those lines, it was not legal.

"Jules it wasn't your decision to make." Charles snaps at me. "You said you were over him, yet you're freaking out over this letter!" He shouts.

"Yeah because it gives me answers! I can find out what is happening finally." I shout back at Charles. "Why would you lie to me Erica? I figured you'd be one of the few not to." I watch her, her eyes fill with guilt.

"I didn't want to. I mean... I wanted to tell you but you are so happy and I didn't want you to... Charles and I made a decision to wait. At least until after Andrew's birthday." She tries to defend her actions.

I can see the honesty in her eyes and despite how angry I am I find most of my anger fueling towards Charles. I walk over to Charles.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I shout at him, he looks to me and before he can react I shove him to the best of my ability.

"What the hell?" He grunts.

"First off, you know exactly where Zayn is and won't tell me. And second, you have this and try to hide it from me?" My voice is loud and hurt. "You need to leave my life alone!" I shout at him.

"You need to open your damn eyes and realize you're better off without him." His words cutting deep.

"You don't get to decide what's best for me. You don't. You don't get to act like my father. I loved him Charles." I watch his face twist into annoyance.

"Yeah, loved. He left you Jules. He left you without a word, without even giving you a decent break up so you could have closure. He just left you here, alone... and Erica and I had to pick up the pieces of the mess he made. Is that the person you love? The person who abandoned you and refused to talk to until now? Suddenly now he wants to come back and talk to you?" Charles shouts at me.

"You don't even still love him. You don't even know him anymore I bet! Zayn is a wild card. I love him but he has fucked you up so bad that you can't even be happy with Andrew." He shouts.