Chapter 41

The Breach - Dustin Tebbutt

Breakeven (Acoustic Cover) - Maddi Jane

__________________________

Juliet's POV

Everything was right in my world, two of some of my most favorite boys stand in the same room as me. My smile is plastered to my face currently and I don't think it'll go away anytime soon.

"I'm so glad you're okay, I came as soon as I could." Louis explains, walking forward past Zayn and giving me a quick hug.

"Well you made it just in time." I offer with a smile.

"It's been a week Lou. You came as soon as you could?" Zayn's voice holds heavy detest and his face doesn't look too happy either.

"Zayn." I quietly plead with him. His eyes flash to me and back to Louis. Louis' eyes fall to the ground, his shoulders sagging a bit.

"Yeah... I have something to tell you." He mumbles softly.

~~~

I sit on the bed, Louis sitting next to me with the bouquet of flowers in his lap. Zayn stands in the doorway, leaning against the frame - looking like a model ready to be discovered. I do my best to ignore him and focus on Louis who has been awfully quiet.

"Louis..." I slowly reach my hand and rest it atop of his. His eyes focus on our hands, his hand slowly turning over so he can fully clasp my hand.

He slowly moves his eyes to me. His eyes are full of sadness and sorrow. His blue eyes that always make me overjoyed are now causing me to worry.

"I'm so sorry Jules that I wasn't here sooner." He mumbles.

"It wouldn't have done any good. I was pretty much in a coma for a week." I offer with a kind smile and shrug of the shoulders.

I wasn't bothered by the fact he wasn't here, I wasn't even conscious so it didn't have a single effect on me if he was here or not.

"I honestly came as fast as I could... But Steven and I were... He took me with him on a business trip to Germany. And I wasn't - we weren't - we just weren't aware. He told me no personal calls on business trips, clear head." Louis explains.

That was a rule of Uncle Steven, he never liked to take personal calls when on a business trip. It never helped him focus on his main goal. I nod slowly, to show Louis I completely understand.

"This whole thing put things in perspective for me Jules." Louis softly mumbles.

I glance behind Louis where Zayn still stands, arms crossed, his eyes focused on us as he leans against the doorway still. I give him a quick smile before looking back to Louis.

I lightly squeeze Louis' hand in reassurance, wanting him to feel okay, to feel better, to feel happier. Because something in my gut was twisting with what Louis was trying so hard to tell me.

"I thought you didn't make it. I honestly I had no idea, when I got back to the states my phone was about to explode from the calls and texts from everyone here... Steven felt awful, he bought us both flights here. Kate's MIA again and..." Louis closes his eyes, pulling his hand away from me he rubs his face.

He looks exhausted. His eyes tired, his body slightly slouching from the energy drained from him. He looks like he needs a good nights rest, a spa retreat, anything to return him back to his joyful self.

He shouldn't blame himself for Steven's rule of no personal calls - as Steven believe there is no room for personal life in business. He shouldn't blame himself for Kate going missing, it happens, she disappears and no one can get a hold of her. It happens.