Chapter 33

NEW VIDEO ABOVE! (it's not strictly Zuliet..! Threw some other characters in there :) Enjoy it!)

Nothing Like Us - Justin Bieber

Cups (When I'm Gone) Campfire Version - The Barden Bellas

Beach - San Cisco

Flume - Bon Iver

Re-Arrange Again - Erin McCarley

_______________________

Zayn POV

I sit.

I wait. I wait for her to come through that door.

I still wait for her to come through that door and return to my life... Hours later, I'm still waiting.

I no longer stand, I sit instead. I sit on the ground, knees folded, elbows rested on them, my eyes staring between the rose in my fingers and the door.

I'm sure I've been siting here for no less than five hours - but I still wait.

The candles all around the room have gone out or have burnt out. The candles on the table have run out of wax, melted to nothing.

Just like me.

I have melted to the floor.

Nothing left of me.

She's not here, she's not coming back.

She probably moved out the moment she got home. Leaving without a trace. Worst part, I don't know where she could possibly be.

Niall and Sarah were still in Ireland, Louis was in New York... I couldn't imagine who else she would feel good enough to stay with - her parents?

I just stare though.

I stare at the rose. The rose with all it's thorns, the thorn's that lead to the beautiful red flower that is supposed to represent love and eternity.

I lightly brush my fingertips over the petals.

The petals that feel so soft.

The petals I slowly begin to pluck from the flower. Watching each drift to the floor by my feet. The apartment is still, very quiet, nothing comes and nothing goes.

My thoughts have shifted through so many stages.

Worry, concern, fear, anger, sadness... every negative emotion possible.

Where could she be? Was she hurt? She's angry. She's punishing me. She's gone. She hates me. What if she's in trouble? What if she didn't make it back?

I am overthinking.

I am overthinking everything because there's nothing else to think about.

Nothing else remotely as important as waiting here for her... waiting for her to come back to me.

Waiting for her to come home.

I stare at the flower. Picking at it. Picking at the perfect soft petals that are sprouting at the top in a beautiful circle.

Taking... taking petal after petal...

Taking pieces of it until there is nothing...

Because I take and take until there is nothing left to take.

Just like I am doing to this flower.

Just like I did to her heart.

Just like I did to Juliet.