Chapter 55

(I want a million comments, I want to know your every thought on this chapter because I am so excited!)

Perfect - Ed Sheeran

Night Changes - One Direction

Sleep On The Floor - The Lumineers

Mess Is Mine - Vance Joy

Fireproof - One Direction

Sunday Morning - Maroon 5

__________________

Veronica and I have had ourselves a very nice weekend. I had made her a makeshift bed on the couch, including few blankets and pillows. She didn't like that and insisted we build a fort, so we did.

We managed to make a decent enough fort that both of us could sit in it and play games under the bed sheets tied to different objects around the apartment.

It was the last day though, Sunday, and Zayn was coming home. I could hardly contain my excitement when I woke up Sunday morning and made breakfast for myself and Veronica.

It's partially cloudy and the sun is slowly breaking through the darkness that is hiding it. The small sunbeams entering the window and lighting up the living room and kitchen.

Veronica is running around the kitchen, trying to find all the ingredients to make pancakes, along with the eggs, and bacon.

She finds the eggs and bacon with ease, pulling them both from the refrigerator. She struggles holding both in her arms while attempting to close the refrigerator.

"Want some help?" I ask smiling at her small body trying to balance everything.

"I'm fine!" She exclaims with slight distress in her small voice. I laugh and help her close the door to the refrigerator before taking the eggs and bacon from her.

As Veronica digs through the pantry to find all the ingredients for the pancakes. I begin to scramble the eggs and get a pan ready for the pancakes.

Veronica finally retrieves every last ingredient and I smile at her as she looks triumphant, taking a seat at the bar stool at the counter she watches me mix all the ingredients into a bowl.

"Do you want to help make the pancakes?" I ask. She nods vigorously and so we pull up a bar stool to the stove so she can help pour the battle into circles on the pan.

Finally our breakfast is complete and we find ourselves with almost empty plates at the counter. She picks at some bacon and then looks to me,

"Your boyfriend comes home today right?" She asks, her dark hair falling around her shoulders.

"Yeah." I nod, taking on elf my last bites of a pancake.

"Are you excited?" She beams at me. I feel my heart race and my nod come instantaneously.

"Yeah, really excited." I smile at her.

By the time we clean up the kitchen and get dressed for the day it's almost time to get Zayn from the airport.

I nervously decide my outfit. I hadn't seen him in a week, sure it wasn't that long of time. But I was anxious to see him again. I wonder how Bradford went, every time we talked I never got in depth answers from him.

But hopefully whatever occurred in Bradford was for the better. I secretly hope he will want to share his experience with me but deep down I don't think he will. And I am going to try not to pry for answers.

Most of the issues of our relationship has been me prying for information or jumping to conclusions. So I will try my best not to let that happen, if he doesn't want to share... I will just have to be patient.