Chapter 28

Skinny Love - Birdy

Close As Strangers - 5 Seconds of Summer

Covering Your Tracks - Amy Stroup

______________________

Zayn POV

It's a shit show. Everything is dark in the world and I don't deserve to see it any other way. I want to call her - I want to call her, to get on the next plane and chase after her but I can't bring myself to do it.

My phone is destroyed, smashed against the wall of the room. The room with four dark walls that keep me entrapped in my rage and drunken stupor. I can't believe anything that is happening right now.

It feels as if someone stuck their hand directly into my chest and grabbed my heart, ripped it out with their bare hands. This pain is so much different than any pain I have ever felt and I want more than anything for it to be gone.

I take a drink from the bottle next to me, staring at the destroyed room - the darkness I sit alone in.

"Zayn." I hear a light voice call. My world brightens with hope - only for one second, only for one fleeting moment until the darkness rips it from me yet again.

Where I hope to see my angel, dark hair and light eyes... I instead see Sarah who stands at the door, staring at me. I glare at her, my vision blurring but attempting to stay focused on her. She walks in slowly and sighs, taking a look around the room.

"I don't need your fucking judgment." I clench my jaw - waiting for her to share her words regardless of what I say.

Sarah instead shakes her head and sits down next to me on the bed. She takes a moment before looking over to me and stares at me for a moment. I stare back, confused about what she is doing.

"Stop feeling bad for yourself. Stop with this pity party. Now." She states calmly, watching me as I try to stare at her. I ignore her words and take another drink.

"You don't know what it feels like." I barely manage to say to her. It's quiet... It's quiet for a long time.

"I do." She nods. "I know what it's like to make shit decisions in life, I've done bad things too... Things that are not at all good." She mumbles. "Things that no one knows about."

Sarah having dark secrets? Sarah having something she's ashamed of? Seems almost impossible for that to be happening.

"Like what?" I laugh at her - Sarah always seemed to float through life, according to Juliet as well. The girl didn't have issues getting whatever the hell she wanted.

"You can't tell a soul." She firmly states. "Not even Niall and especially not Juliet."

Juliet POV

I smile at Sarah as we walk down the sidewalk, eating our ice cream. The summer breeze passing by, everything just so calm and nice. Sarah smiles at me and stops walking, shaking her head.

"What?" I laugh, smiling at her.

"When are you going to realize you're the problem?" She asks. I feel my smile fall and my eyebrows knit together. I stare at her and shake my head slowly,

"What?" I ask again. But she's staring behind me, so I turn. I turn to see nothing, when I turn back I see nothing still. I'm left alone, on the sidewalk, no one nearby.

"You're not good enough Julie." I feel my stomach tighten and my lungs stop taking air. I slowly turn to him, he stands there, opposite of me, hands in pockets and a smile on his lips.