Chapter 21

Anchor - Mindy Gledhill

________

"Good morning beautiful." Sarah greets me with a bright smile and a tight hug. I feel my lazy body and groggy self somehow hug her back. Pulling away I force a smile on my face for the bright eyed Sarah.

"Isn't a little early to be hyped up on caffeine Sarah?" Zayn slurs his tired words from behind me.

"Never." She smirks at him with a snarky tone. I didn't understand Zayn and Sarah's relationship. Sometimes they seemed to like each other, talk to each other, get along very well - other times it seemed like they were enemies - in a somehwat playful way...

Sarah looks flawless - even for it being near 5AM in the morning. Niall looks put together - more than Zayn and I. Though no matter how Zayn appears, he is flawless without even trying. Same with Sarah... I still don't understand how I ended up with Zayn when he was so good looking.

I reside in a baggy pair of sweatpants, a loose t-shirt, and tied up hair. While Zayn looks similar in his baggy sweats and a baggy sweatshirt. I feel Zayn's arms wrap around my body, my back hugged to his chest while his lips lightly brush the side of my face.

We stand in line, checking our large bags with the attendant. Sarah's bag seems to be twice the size of any of our bags, filled to the top with clothing. Of course she would be the one to be packing as if she were going to be in a fashion show.

"I got the tickets." Niall hands us the tickets, glancing down at them before looking back to us. He hands them to us, each of us glancing over the gate number and our names on the tickets.

"Seriously, how are you two so awake right now?" I mumble, my voice slightly raspy from my still sleepy state. I look up to the two blondes who seem too chipper to be alive.

The airport is quite empty. Businessmen seem to be the only ones filling DIA. Other than that even the staff seems to be lacking. It felt quite abandoned and scary.

"We should get going." Sarah smiles to herself with a hint of a secret. I feel myself slightly smile at what she insinuates with that look.

"Seriously? At like three in the morning?" I stare at Sarah in disbelief, she shrugs as we all walk to security.

"It was the only way to get him out of bed it seemed." She laughs. "And besides, since we'll all be together it'll probably one of the last few times we'll get to before coming back to the states." She claims with a little skip in her step.

"Gross Sarah." I scoff, smiling though at my friends thoughts. She was right, though Sarah was a bit wild of a girl I doubt she would feel okay having sex with Niall while his parents were nearby... but seeing as we were going to a mansion I can't be 100% positive about that.

Airport security is a breeze to get through - especially with the lack of people. Niall leads us to our gate with ease, having us set the remainder of our stuff down.

Sitting down in the uncomfortable plastic seat, I instantly lean onto Zayn. His arm wrapping around me. I can feel sleep and comfort overwhelming me, the quiet buzz of the lights in the airport fill my senses - aside from faint scent of Zayn's cologne.

"No sleeping." Sarah's voice calls to me. I groan and open my eyes, glaring at the wide eyed blonde.

"Sarah, come on, Juliet and I got four hours of sleep." Zayn mumbles, I snuggle closer to him, as much as I could.

"Well Zayn, you can sleep on the long plane ride. Right now just stay awake." Sarah sighs, leaning back in her chair, reading over a magazine with a smile on her lips.