Are we really safe here?

His body weight falls off me and lands on the floor. Cameron is standing there, a gun in the non-broken hand. I look down and see blood all over his dad's leg.

 "Come here," Cameron whispers.

I run over to him and jump onto him. I wrap my legs around his waist and hug him, tightly.

"No one touches my girl," he says, smiling at me.

I smile, blushing. "I love you,"

 "I love you too, babe," he says, pecking me on the lips.

I look down at his swelling arm and back to him.

"What's wrong?" he says, seeing my worried expression.

"Your arm," I say, stroking his arm.

"It's okay. Argh!" he shouts and lets go of me.

He falls to the floor in agony. I kneel down beside him and pick him up. He nestles into my chest and I smile and stroke his head. I look out the window and see the ambulance and police turn up. I hurry downstairs to see mum talking to the policemen.

"Rachel! Cameron! Your okay!" she says, running towards us.

"Cameron's dad is upstairs. He kinda got shot in the leg, but he should be alright," I say hugging her.

"Owwwww!" wails Cameron, as mum accidentally leans against his arm.

"Go to the ambulance and get him checked out. Go to the hospital with him if you need to," she says looking at his swelling, bruised arm and then back up to me.

"Thankyou mum! I'll ring you when we know anything, you do the same,please," I say walking out the front door, smiling at her.

"I will, promise," she says, blowing me a kiss.

I walk out and into the ambulance. They put Cameron onto a stretcher. I jump into the ambulance behind him and sit next to the stretcher.

*_*_*

"Mmmmmm, ugh," Cameron groans, as he tried t get up in the hospital bed.

"Babe," I say, rushing to his side.

"What happened? Where am I?" he asks, puzzled, looking around the room.

"It's alright, you're in the hospital. You had to get an operation on your arm," I say, stroking his head.

He smiles. "How bad is my dad?"

"Ummm...he...you ki-" I'm cut off from warm lips pressed against mine. I smile in the kiss and start kissing him back. We break the kiss and Cameron just looks at me

"You know what? I don't really want to know," he says, kissing me again.