Chapter 3

Cameron opens the door and I automatically fall in love with the small house.

"Mum?" he calls out.

"In here, darling!" replies his mum.

We walk into what looks like the living room and into the kitchen.

"Hello Cam," his mum smiles and nods towards me. "I see you brought a friend home?"

"Hey, Mum. Yeah, this is Rachel," he blushes.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Rachel!" she says with a beaming smile.

Finally meet me? Maybe Cameron isn't so 'bad boy' ...

Cameron shoots his mum a glare and apologetically smiles at me.

"It's lovely to meet you too," I smile.

"Oh, darling. Please call me Catherine,"

I nod and she smiles.

Cameron coughs awkwardly, turns to me and asks, "you can go wait in my room if you would like?"

I smile up at both of them, "sure."

"Okay, cool. It's up the stairs and the first room on the right, I'll meet you up there."

"Okay," I say, walking towards the stairs.

At first I am unsure whether to go up to his room, considering Mum would kill me, but when I get to his room, I melt.

His bedroom is small but so adorable. The room is painted a deep blue and in the middle of it there is a small trundle bed.

This room almost looks temporary?  I think, but immediately push the thought away.

I walk in and find a little bookshelf with tiny photo frames on top. One photo stands out to me, so I pick it up. As I do, I notice something really strange. Two small boys, around 4, are both blowing out candles on top of a birthday cake and they look alike. Twins...

"What are you doing?" scolds Cameron.

Startled, I drop the photo and it smashes.

"It's okay," he smiles. "I never liked that photo anyway."

"Who are they?" I quietly ask.

"Hmm?"

"In the picture, who were the two boys?"

"Oh, ah, my cousins," he stutters. "Anyway, we need to talk"

I nod in reply, not knowing what to say.

He chuckles, a sound that makes me automatically smile, "Come, sit."

He pats the spot on the bed next to me and I hesitantly sit.

""

"It's Ms, and please, call me Deborah," Mum blushes.

"Um, you can go upstairs if you want, I'll be up in a minute okay?" I say.

"Sure," he answers. "Would you mind if I had a shower? I smell from football practise."

"That's fine, my room's the second on the left, there's a bathroom in there," I say, smiling at him.

I watch him go upstairs and then turn to mum.

"He has a nice bum," she giggles.

"MUM?!" I say, mortified.

"Sooo...?"

"So what?" I question.

Mum looks upstairs then back to me.