Why are you the 'bad boy'?

I walked into school, I decided to go straight to Estelle and the girls and not pay any attention to that jerk, Cameron.  

As I walked past the front office I felt someone going through my bag. I turned around, no one was there. I looked through my bag to make sure nothing was missing. In the side pocket was a note addressed to me. It read:

Dear Rachel,

I'm truly sorry about what happened last night and I promise I will never treat you like that ever again. Meet me outside G block after school. 

Love Cameron 

P.S. I love you, oh and I have your favourite sweat pants.

That bastard! There is no way I am going to meet him after school, how dare he think he can treat me like that!

The school bell rings and I make my way to class. As I walk into the classroom I notice Veronica and Cameron kissing. I feel tears welling in my eyes. How could he do this! 

I quietly walk past the two love birds and take a seat in my chair. Cameron sees me and pulls away from Veronica, starts to walk towards me and sits down in his seat.

~*~*~*~

Before I know it, the bell goes signally home time. I decide to walk straight home. There's no way I'm gonna go talk to Cameron!

~*~*~*~

I rummage through my bag trying to find my keys. I grab them out and unlock the door. 

"Mum? I'm home," I call out as I place my bag on the floor.  

Then I remember that mums out with her friends tonight.

Walk upstairs and into my bedroom. I grab a towel from the pile of towels beside my bed, I walk into the bathroom and run the shower. As I get undressed I hear a strange thumping noise. I open the bathroom door an look out.  

"Who's there?" I ask shaking. 

No one replies.  

"It must've been the neighbours," I say hopping into the shower.  

I start to sing my favourite song as I massage the shampoo through my hair.  

"All I know is you held the door, you'll be mine and I'll be yours. All I know since yesterday, that everything has changed," I sing.  

"You have a gorgeous voice," says a familiar voice.

I look out the corner of the shower curtain and see...

"Cameron!? Get out!" I scream.  

I grab a bar of soap and throw it at him. 

"Owwww!" He wails.  

"If you would like to talk, please wait in my bedroom while I finish my interrupted shower," I say angrily.  

"Whatever," I hear Cameron mumble under his breath as he walks out.

A few minutes later I turn off the shower and wrap my towel around my body.  

"Would you be able to pass me that floral dress that's on my bed, please?" I ask nicely.  

Cameron passes the dress through the open crack in the door. I quickly get dressed and walk out of the bathroom.  

"What do you want Cameron?" I ask looking at him sternly.

"I wanted to apologise to you for getting so angry last night. It's just that..." he paused looking at me.

"Is something wrong?" I ask confused.

"It's just that I don't like anyone knowing about my past life," he says looking down.

"Why?" I ask, lifting his head up to look at me.

I was still mad at him, but I wanted to know why he is the schools 'bad boy'. There was no way he was going to kiss me or stay the night, and I wasn't going to change my mind.

"Because I'm not that type of person anymore," he says tears welling in his eyes.

"What do you mean. Tell me what happened," I say putting my han on his shoulder.

"When I was 13, I was put into jail for robbing a bank and a few other stores. My parents didn't care about me, so instead of my going to court to plead my innocence, I went straight to jail," he says, whiping the tears from his face.

"That''s terrible!" I say.

"The fact that I broke into a few shops or that I went to jail?" he asks

"The fact that you broke into some shops! What were you thinking?" I ask, tears welling in my eyes.

I didn't like to fight with him, I want him to stay with me forever. I want him to be my boyfriend. I want to cuddle up to him when I feel sad or lonely, or when I just need someone to comfort me.

"Well, when I was 13, mum and dad had hardly any money to feed us. I had an idea that I thought would make us rich and it looked so easy. I had seen so many criminals do it on the news and I thought it looked really easy. Turns out I was wrong, the moment I stepped into the Bank with a black sock thing covering my face, heaps of policemen jumped out from everywhere and one of them shot me," he says, lifting up his shirt revealing a scar.

He looked up at me and I looked at his scar and then back to him.

"Ummm...I don't know what to say," I walk towards the window. "I'm just really confused. Why and how do the whole school would know that you've been in jail?"

"The whole school doesn't know," he says confused.

"Wait? But you said that you were the schools 'bad boy' becuase you broke into the bank and a few shops," I say looking at him raising an eyebrow.

"The whole school doesn't know about me braking into all those shops," he says looking down. "When I enrolled at this school I had to show them my criminal record. The rumor get out and now the whole school thinks I'm the schools 'bad boy',"

"Oh, so you're not that bad after all?" I sigh with relief.

"There is two more things," he says looking into my eyes, making me blush.

"What?" I say, looking down so he can't see my red cheeks.

"When I got out of jail I started a really bad habit..." he pauses.

His eyes well up with tears. I place my hand on his shoulder.

"A bad habit for alcohol and smoking," he whispers.

"What the f***, Cameron? You were only 13!" I shout.

"I know, I was sad, lonely and depressed. I needed someone to be there for me, beer and cigarettes were always there when I needed them," he says, sorry in his eyes.

"It's okay, I'm here for you now," I say smiling. "What was the second thing you were going to tell me?"

He learns towards me and presses his lips against mine...