14. The Monster I've Become

Thursday September 2

Jason's P.O.V.

Ever since Maya moved her I've been noticing something.  Whenever I'm around her I become a complete jerk.  I really like her, but somehow I make a jerk out of myself.  And now...  Now I feel extremely guilty.  So Maya has a crush on both you and Dylan?  That's not that bad.  You've had a crush on more than one girl before so why am I being such a hypocrite?

I've come to the conclusion that Maya is a person that either brings out the best, the worst, or both in people.  For me, it seems she brings out the best and the worst in me.  I've become like the devil and her, she's an angel.  I'm attracted to the light, but I'll never reach it. 

What have I done?  I know she didn't hate me before, but I guarantee she does now.  And Dylan?  You're own cousin you fool!  Family is the only thing you have and you keep pushing them all away.  When will I learn?  I've already realised that I need help.  I guess I've been wishing that Maya would provide the help that I need, but now she probably doesn't even want to look at me. 

The guards let me go and my mom comes to take me home.  She's really disappointed at me and does a lot of yelling.  I don't blame her.  I'm disappointed in myself, but probably not nearly as much as her's. 

I've become a monster.  A creature that feeds on the pain and hurt of other people and things.  How do I fix myself?  How do I get out of this mess? 

I don't know myself anymore.  I can't tell you anything about me, except that I've been a huge jerk and idiot for a while now. 

It's time to change.  They do say that the first step is to admit you have a problem isn't it?  Well, that's what I'm doing now.

A new Jason.  That's who I'm going to be.  I'm getting rid of the old Jason Arnold and replacing him with a new one.

I know I tried to do this before, but this time I'm dead serious.  I have to stop being like this.  What better time than now when I'm sure they all hate me?  Maybe if I change now I can redeem myself.

Author's Note

I know it's not very long, but that's because the party is coming up and I plan on writing a big chapter or maybe a couple, probably a couple on the party.  Do you like or hate Jason?  Is Dylan awesome or what?  What's up with Maya?