5. It's War

Tuesday August 31

Dylan's P.O.V.

Wow, only you would Jason.  I should have known better.  What does she see in him?  Aren't I better for her?  Oh well, unfortunately it looks like I might have to play dirty.  Jason, you have no idea what you just started!

Ok, so the reason I'm going to fight so hard to keep Jason away from Maya is because I don't want him to hurt her.  He may seem sweet sometimes and nice too, but he isn't someone you can trust.  I can guarantee that he just wants her cause she's the "hot new girl."  Jason isn't the dating type, and I can't imagine that he would change.  I just don't want Maya to be another girl that Jason dates and then throws away, and just lets her cry her eyes out over him.  I don't know her well, but I can tell that she is way too good for him.

I walk in to the dining room, and after a few seconds they seem to notice me.

"Dylan honey, you're home!  I'd like you to meet Mr. and Mrs. Stone,"  my mom says introducing me to Maya's parents.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Stone," I reply shaking their hands.  They both beam at me, and I see the resemblance between Maya and her parents.  Like Maya, Maya's mom has a pretty shade of brown hair that looks all shiny and soft.  They also both have their hair on the longer side and in waves.  Both Maya and her dad have the mysterious and gentle looking Caribbean ocean colored eyes.  On Maya they make her look all cute and sweet, and it makes me just want to hold her in my arms. 

 "Hello Dylan,"  Maya's mom says smiling at me, "It's good to meet you.  We've heard so many wonderful things about you."

At the comment made by her mother, a blush starts to creep up on Maya's face and color her cheeks with a rosy color.  I smile even wider.  "So, she's been talking about me to her parents?"  I think to myself.  That sounds good for me.

Jason's dad walks over to me and claps a hand on my shoulder, "Hey there Dylan, haven't seen you in a couple of days."

"Yeah, I've been kind of busy with the start of the new school year and all," I reply to my uncle.

He nods, and my aunt smiles at me.  Jason walks over smiling with his arm wrapped around Maya still, "Hey, it's Dylan.  I wondered if you were going to miss out on all the fun.  I told Maya you probably wouldn't show up."

I smile, "Well, I'm hear now, so let's get the party started!  But before we do, what did I miss?" 

I eyed Jason carefully, making sure he didn't try to do anything like kiss Maya.

"Well, we basically just talked.  We've only been here for maybe fifteen minutes," Maya answers me.

I smile, glad she replied and not Jason, "Sounds like fun, but it's time for me to show you some REAL fun."

She laughed, "Oh ok, if you insist Dylan."

I just love how she says my name.  I'm sure it's not any different from how everyone else says it, but just the fact that SHE is saying it, makes it sound so nice.  I smile at her, "Yes, I do insist." 

Jason leans into my ear and whispers, "Stop flirting you have your own girlfriend." 

"Ahh, but that's where you're wrong my friend.  I just broke up with Claire before coming here."

"What?!"

"Mhm.  I'm a free man." 

"So what?  Now you're going to try and win her over?"

I give Jason a mischievous smile, "Win over who I ask?"

"Oh shut up.  You know who I mean."

I ignore him, and walk over to Maya who is standing by the table watching us curiously.  I'm so glad the parents are off doing their own thing so they wouldn't have said anything.