15. Remembered

Friday September 3

Dylan's P.O.V.

I feel so tired.  Why am I so tired?  I slowly open my eyes.  Oh right.  I'm in the hospital.  I remember everything that happened.  Jason running away, me calling Maya to help me find him, him being at the park, the chase, me pushing him to the ground so I would get hit by the car and not him.  Maya...  My thoughts are interrupted as Dr. Monroe walks into the room.

"Hello Dylan.  Do you remember why you're here?  How are you feeling?" Dr. Monroe asks me.

Jeesh.  I just woke up.  What's with all the questions?  This sounds more like an interrogation than a check-up on how I'm doing!

"Good morning Dr. Monroe.  I'm here because of the car accident and I'm feeling ok I guess.  My head hurts a little, but other than that I'm fine."

He stands there rubbing his chin.  Is that good or bad.  He nods his head after a while and claps his hands together.  Ok?  Strange...

He starts to give me an examine and I immediately begin to feel uncomfortable.  Nothing hurt, until he started poking and prodding me.  I wince at ever place he touches that I got hit with by the car. 

"Ah.."  What's that suppose to mean?  "Soon you're medication will wear off and you'll be in even worse pain than this, and as for your head hurting, it will get much more.  So, when you start to feel intense pain I want you to use this phone to call in and we'll get someone to give you your medication."

"Ok, but why don't you just give me some now?"

"Because the timings are too close."

"Oh ok..  So, am I basically all better?"

He gives me a big smile.  "Yes indeed.  You are still in a bit of pain and are sore, but that is to be expected after what you went through.  You can remember everything that happened now, can't you?" I nod my head.  I remember it all.  The memories recently came flooding back to me from yesterday.. 

I can't believe how Jason acted.  Especially in front of Maya!  It was bad enough that she was upset about me not remembering her!  He just keeps being a jerk.  When will he stop and just grow up for once?

The whole day I'm bored while everyone is in school.  The pain is receding and everything is looking ok.  I can't wait to be back at home!  Don't get me wrong the hospital is nice and all, but I prefer being in the comfort of my house. 

When school finally let's out, I'm so excited!  I bet Maya is going to come and I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees that I remember her!

At around 2:45 there's a knock on my door.  "Who is it?"

"It's Maya."

"Come in!"

She comes in smiling at me and walks over to my bed.  "How are you?"

"Pretty good.  Looks like I'll be getting out of here soon."

"Well that's good.  So, have you remembered anything else?"

"Actually..."

"Oh my gosh!  You remember everything don't you?" Maya squeals.

I nod my head and she gives me a big hug.  "I'm so glad.  I was so worried that you'd never remember me!"

I smile at her.  "How could I not remember a pretty face like yours?"

She giggles.  "I'm so glad you're back."

"I didn't know I was gone."

She half smiles.  "You know what I mean."

"Yeah.."

We talk for a couple of hours.  I look at the clock.  6: 00.  The party starts around 7.  "Shouldn't you be getting ready for the party?"

"I don't know if I'm going anymore..."

"Well, you shouldn't not go because of Jason.  I'm sure you can still have fun.  Just with someone else.  Anyway, it's your first party at this school.  Might as well go, right?"

Maya thinks it over for a little.  "Yeah, I guess you're right.  Bye, Dylan."

"Bye Maya."  She kisses me on the cheek before leaving. 

I really hope Jason doesn't give her any trouble.  I'm sure that the guys can handle him.