3. My First Day

Maya's P.O.V.

Finally, after what felt like forever, I finished the first day of my sophomore year of high school!  Today, I met a lot of friends, I guess you could say.  I met Jillian, Lara, Sarah, Dylan, Jason, Michael, and Anthony.  Jillian is a really sweet girl who is incredibly smart and shy.  Lara is quite loud, and known for spreading rumors.  Sarah is the type of girl who everyone wants to be friends with and is extremely caring.  Dylan.  What is there to say about Dylan?  Well, he is really good looking, and I'm normally not the type of girl to obsess over a boy's looks.  So far, he seems to be pretty nice, smart, and honest..so far..I've heard a lot of things about him from Lara.  Jason.  Jason seems pretty cocky, somewhat annoying, and a bad boy, but something keeps telling me I need to look further and harder to find the real him.  Michael and Anthony are identical twins.  They also have basically the same personality, which is, nice, shy, kind, but a little too boring for me. 

I'm heading towards the front of the school where the buses go to pick us up when someone stops me.

"Maya!  Hey, Maya!  Do you need a ride?" 

I turn around, to find that Jason is running to catch up with me.  Why would he want to take me home?  Then, I suddenly realize, how could he take me home?  We're only fifteen, unless he's sixteen already...

"Hey, Maya," Jason says as he finally reaches me.  "Need a ride?"

"Umm..Jason.  Aren't you fifteen?  You know it's illegal to drive without a license,"  I respond back to him.

"Yeah, I'm fifteen.  Jeesh Maya, don't look so worried, I know it's illegal to drive without a license, silly.  That's why my mom is picking me up, and you too if you want,"  Jason replies while giving me a huge, sweet smile.  Wait?!  A sweet smile?  Sounds like he's up to no good..Oh well, I'm willing to take a risk.

"Sure Jason.  I thought you ride with Dylan though,"  I start to look around, "I don't see him anywhere."

"We normally do, but Dylan is walking home from school with his girlfriend today," he replies, giving me a big smile. 

"Oh."  Dylan has a girlfriend?  "I didn't know Dylan has a girlfriend."

"Yeah..well he does.  Her name is Claire."

"That's a pretty name," I reply.

"Yeah, but she isn't all that nice.  Trust me, I would know.  Anyway,"  Jason takes my hand and starts pulling me towards a nice black car, "Let's talk about something else."

"Ok, what do you want to talk about?"

"Whatever you want, cutie," he gives me another big smile. 

We get into the car, and his mom, Mrs. Arnold gives me a big smile and introduces herself.  I introduce myself, and turn to look at Jason, hoping he won't try to pull me close to him like he did at lunch today.  Jason doesn't try anything, but keeps looking at me with a strange expression on his face.  I wonder what's going on through that head of his. 

Towards the end of the ride, we reaches it over and with a smile, hands me a piece of paper that is folded up.  It's folded into about twenty squares.  Jeesh..what's in this note?  I finally manage to get it open.  I look up before reading the note, and he flashes me a smile.  The smile lights up his whole face, and makes me blush.  I look down, and start to read...