28. Tension and Trouble

Monday September 6

Maya's P.O.V.

Today has been going really slowly even though it's only 6 a.m.  I can't shake the memory of Trish and Jason kissing in the dress store.  Everyone seems happy right now except for me.  Trish got Jason, Jason got Trish, I got Dylan, and Dylan got me.  Yet, why am I struggling with this?  I should be so happy!  Dylan is basically as perfect as a guy can get. 

There are girls out there that get abused by their boyfriends and cheated on.  I'm so well off, but still I'm taking Dylan for granted.  I guess when you get something you really want, you just want something else.  I got Dylan and now although I don't want to admit it, I want Jason instead.

Sigh.  I've been so stressed out ever since I moved here and met Jason and Dylan.   Before I came here, I never could have told someone what it means to have a crush.  Now I think I can tell someone in meticulous description.  I always tried not to let guys in.  Unfortunately for me, somehow Jason and Dylan are breaking the bubble I put up around myself. 

I finally finish getting ready and proceed to go to school.   As soon as I walk through the doors, Dylan pulls me into a hug. 

"Hey sweetheart."

"Hey Dylan.  What's going on?"

"Well, I was just waiting for you, but now that you're here, nothing."

Aw.  Dylan is so sweet.  There's a part of me, however, that wants to tell myself that this is happening too fast.  We need to just slow down and take things slow.  After all, I've only known him for a little while.

I mean, at least Trish and Jason have known each other before getting together.

I smile at Dylan and swallow all my unsureness.  Now isn't the time to talk about it anyway.

Dylan wraps his arm around me as we walk throughout the halls.  "Did you find a dress yesterday?"

Suddenly there's pressure on my lip and as I run my tongue over my lip, I realize it's blood, my blood.  I'm bleeding?  Then, it hits me.  I bit my lip because I remembered the kiss.  That kiss....  It wasn't even mine and yet it makes my heart beat faster.  Not out of excitement, but out of dread.  Dylan tilts his head to the side, reminding me that he asked me a question.

Flustered, I rush to answer his question.  "Oh..um.. yeah, I did."

"Good.  So now you have a dress and I have a tux so we're good to go.  Well, I guess we need to figure out a ride since neither of us can drive.."

"Yeah..um.. my dad said he could take us.. if that's ok with you?"

"Yeah, sure.  Works for me.  Hey, I have to get to class a little early today to help my teacher, but I"ll see you later, right?"

"Yeah.  Bye, Dylan!" I call after him as he walks down the hallway.  I'm in way over my head.

Jason's P.O.V.

Yesterday was a lot of fun with Trish.  It was even more fun than when we were together before!  I'm really glad that I gave her a second chance.  I mean, yesterday with the dress shopping and the kiss...  It just feels right to me. 

We're going to have such a great time at the dance coming up.  I even found a red tie to go with her red dress.  Not only will we be matching, but we'll also have a great time together. 

I'm standing in front of my locker when I feel a pair of hands wrap around my waist.  I wonder who that could be?

I slowly turn my ahead to find, to my surprise, Claire hugging me tightly.  What the heck?  I thought Trish was going to be hugging me...  Right at that moment, Trish turns the corner and sees us, she immediately freezes in the hallway.  Oh crap.