1. Substitute

Tuesday August 31

Dylan's P.O.V.

It's the first day of my sophomore year in high school.  I know.  What a joy, right?  As if...  I already miss the summer which was filled with parties, modeling, a band tour, my new movie, and a lot of hooking up. 

I walk through the doors of my high school and into the hallway, and everyone turns.  I hear shouts of "hello" and "I missed you so much" and "awesome parties, Wolfe!"  People just love me.  I walk around and greet everyone.  Chad, Austin, and Zack are in school for once, so I go and chat with them. 

"Hey man!  It's been what?  A few days since I last saw you.  You throw some awesome parties!"  Zack said to me while giving me a bro hug.

"Thanks, dude!  If you thought those parties were awesome, you haven't seen anything yet."  I replied.

"Hey, dude!  Did you see all the new exchange students??  This year is going to be awesome!"  Austin replied.

"Oh, really?  Exchange students..Hmm..sounds like fun."  I said with a huge smile. 

"Sup, Wolfe."  Chad says nodding his head at me. 

"Sup, Williams."  I said giving him a nod.

"So, it's Tuesday, and my parents will be out of town for Friday..You know what that means, right?"  Zack asked.

"Party!!!"  Chad, Austin, and I all shout.

"Yep, we gonna party!" Zack responds.

I wanted to talk with my friends more, but right then the bell rings.  Unfortunately we have to go to class now.  Gosh, I hate school. 

I walk into the classroom numbered 104.  It's the first day of school, and the teacher isn't even here.  Since I'm so smart and everything, I'm taking French 4.  I'm a beast right?  I sit down next to my cousin, Jason.

"Hey cuz, haven't seen you in a while.  What you up to?"  I ask Jason.

"Well, I'm working on getting myself a girlfriend before my mom sets me up with some chick that's the daughter of one of her friends at work,"  Jason said.

"Ew, dude.  That stinks, epically.  Why would your mom do that to you?  It's America, we have rights for a reason.  She can't just force you to date some random girl," I respond back.

"Yeah, I know!!  She has been driving me nuts lately.  If I wanted to date a girl, I would date one.  I don't need her telling me I need one."

Before I could say anything else, the substitute clears his throat, and starts speaking.

"I'm Miss. Rittle, and I'll be your sub today," she says while she is writing her name on the board. 

At that point, I'm pretty sure every guy except me is staring at her while she is turned around.  Wow, everyone thinks I'm a pervert, but have they met themselves?  Jeesh, if some girls knew what these other guys thought about, they would think I'm a cute and innocent teddy bear.  As I was thinking this, a girl walks into the room and everyone turns to look at her.  She has pretty brown hair that falls in waves around her face and the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.  Wow..she's really pretty.  That's when I tell myself to snap out of it, and turn back around.  That's also when I see Jason staring at the new girl.  I think he needs a bucket with all that drool coming from his mouth.  Anyway, the new girl opens her mouth, but nothing comes out.  We all stare back at her, and she looks really nervous.

"Ummmmm..Uhh...I...I have a pass...I'm new and I-I don't know my way around yet.."  the new girl says.

"Ok, I'm your substitute for today.  Mr. Simons is sick today," Miss. Rittle replies.