16. Apologies

Friday September 3

Jason's P.O.V.

The party starts in about an hour and I haven't been able to get a hold of Maya.  Maybe I won't get the chance to apologize to her, but I can at least apologize to Dylan.  I grab my phone and pull up Dylan's number.  I then text him.

Hey Dylan!  Look, I have a lot of apologizing to do, I realize that now.  I'm really sorry for trying to steal Maya from you, throwing that clipboard, being a jerk to you in Pictionary, being a jerk in general, and for punching you in the face.  I know it seems hard to believe, but this time I REALLY mean it.  I've become someone horrible and I want to change that, but I can't do that alone.  That's one of the three reasons I'm texting you.  1. To apologize 2. To ask for your help (even though we both know I'm being really greedy by asking for it) 3. To ask you why you pushed me out of the way instead of just letting me get hit.  If you don't want to say anything back I understand, I just wanted to say I'm sorry, and that I owe you big time.  Like I should be your servant for eternity.  Anyway, if you ever need a favor, let me know!  Love, Jason

It's only a couple of seconds before I get a reply back from Dylan.  I'm really glad that he keeps his phone with him and can always forgive me no matter how big I mess up.

1. It's ok, Jason.  I forgive you.  It's just...  I guess I was worried that you'd harm Maya with the way you were acting and also I never really got why the way you acted that way.  Why did you treat Maya and me like how you did?  2. About the help, I'll try my best to help you out.  If you're really dedicated than I bet we can change you around.  3. I did it because I care about you and we've been best friends since we were born and we're also cousins.  I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you would've died and I wasn't there to protect you.  So, like I was saying, if you're really serious this time all I'm asking is that you don't hurt Maya and that you really mean it this time.  I rather not waste my time if you're going to keep pulling my leg....  Haha, maybe I will have to take you up on your favor offer..Hmm..

I feel really relieved after seeing Dylan's text.  Earlier I was afraid that I finally blew it and he wouldn't ever want to talk to me or see me again.  I know I just wouldn't be able to change if we wouldn't be there to support me and keep me on track.  I also feel pretty good knowing that he cares that much about me even though I am the huge jerk that I am. 

I am serious this time.  If not, you can do whatever you want to me.  I won't hurt Maya.  I plan on asking her to still go with me tonight, but just as friends.  I'm done trying to make her like me, but I think I could use her help to change my ways. 

Ok well good luck with that.  And you're really done trying to get Maya?

Thanks!  Yeah I am, I see the way you look at each other and..  Well I'm getting in the way of your guys happiness.  I may be pretty stupid and a jerk, but I'm not blind!

Haha ok.  If you say so. 

I got to go see if I can reach Maya.  Bye!

Bye!

I close my text with Dylan and dial Maya's number.  I wait for a couple of rings, but there's no answer.  I guess she doesn't want to talk to me.  I've got about 50 minutes now.  I'm hoping that's enough time to chat with her.

I quick run up the stairs and change into something a little more party like.  If you can call black skinny jeans with a black button up shirt more party like.  Beats me, I'm not really into fashion.

I run back downstairs and then run out the door and quickly lock it before I sprint to Maya's house.  Yeah, I know I sprinted, a little dramatic, huh?  Well, that's what I did..

I arrived at Maya's house and immediately ring the door bell.  I've got no time to lose!  Maya comes over to the door and hesitantly answers it.

"Jason?  What are you doing here?"

"I know I shouldn't be here, but I really needed to apologize to you Maya.  Is there any chance that I could come in and we could chat?"

"I don't know if that's a good idea Jason."

"Please Maya.  I know I was a jerk earlier, but I can explain.  Wait, no I can't.  I just...  I just need to talk to you," I finish pleading with her.

"Ok.  If you insist."

I feel really bad.  I'm just throwing myself at Maya asking for her to forgive me and help me out for my own selfish ways.  I wouldn't be surprised if she hates me.  I'd hate me too.  Well, I already do...

She steps aside and let's me walk into her living room.  I take a seat on the couch and she sits next to me.  I can tell she's nervous.  Is she really afraid of me?  Am I really that horrible?  I guess so..

"Maya, we need to talk."

"Well, this ought to be interesting since we're not dating," she says shyly.

I can't help, but laugh at her comment.  "Yeah..  Do you mind if I ask if I can explain first before you interrupt?"

"Nah.  Go ahead."

Here I go.  Finishing up my first step to change.  Apologizing. 

Author's Note

How's everyone feeling about Jason?  Like him or hate him?  What are your thoughts on Dylan?  Thanks for reading!  I plan on uploading soon! ~ Christine