Chapter Eighteen

a/n: YOU CAN STILL SUBMIT NAMES but as of right now I've narrowed them down (using your choices) You can vote on them if you want.

Clara, Cambria, Callia, and Raina for a girl

Briceson, Apollo, Davion, and Kenric for a boy.

Chapter question: What names do you vote on?

Personal faves are Clara and Apollo but I still put mine in there for fun. You guys can pick... I can't xD  

not reread or edited

"I don't understand this," Sophie said, tugging softly at the roots of her hair. 

"It's simple. You just put the names of these people here and the names of the others over there," Bronte instructed. 

"How do you know the difference?" She asked, frowning. "It all looks the same."

"It's because you're colorblind. Now pay attention," he said. He repeated his instructions from earlier and tried to be as patient as possible. "If you don't learn this you'll never be able to do the impossible."

"I've already done the impossible," she tried.

"You'll never become a councilor if you can't understand the simple instructions. Now, where does this go?"

She shrugged. "The left."

He nodded. "This one?"

"Left," she answered, unsure. 

He nodded and grinned. "Even some councilors get that one wrong sometimes. You're doing great."

She smiled. "Thank you, I think."

He nodded. "How about this name?"

"Right."

"Why?"

"It's got the line on the end," she said, pointing. "Plus, I know her. She belongs on the right."

"You're acting like the right is prison. What's so bad about Stina?"

Sophie scoffed. "Everything. You are aware that she basically threatened everyone in the school and personally sought out to ruin my life, right?"

He laughed it off. "I thought you cleared it off with her years ago."

"I know why she hates me and I understand that. It's just that she hates everyone else too and that isn't justified. She's allowed to hate me, not my friends. They never did anything to her and I personally think it's stupid that she got into Foxfire in the first place."

He rolled his eyes. "Councilors can't be bias. You have to be fair."

She nodded. "Oh, I'm not bias. If she was supposed to go in the left I would put her in the left. I just wouldn't be happy doing it." She shrugged. "And what do you mean you guys can't be bias? You tried having me exiled just because your hatred towards  me when we first met." Sophie shook her head.

"I'm allowed to be bias because I'm older than you three times plus one thousand," he declared. "I've been a councilor a long time and I only trust you taking my place. That won't happen unless you get your act together and do this right."

He pointed back to the paper. "Where does this name go?"

She looked at it confused. "Left. . . " She trailed off. "But he's not- What do I not know?" She looked at Bronte in alarm.

"It seems that your husband has a life," Bronte said, looking at the paper with a smile.

"He never told me he got a job," she said, scowling. "When I get home I'm going to kill him for not telling me."