Chapter Thirty-Three

a/n: Remember the essay? Well, apparently I was only given two days to write the rough draft and I'm screaming because I have to give her the rough tomorrow at the beginning of class and I still have to write 4 1/2 more paragraphs out of the six and each paragraph has like... ten sentences that are really long on my outline and I'm just not feeling it so I'm not going to do it until last minute. Whoops. 

chapter question: What are you the most hype for out of all the things I'm going to do after this is over? (Neverseen ending, hunger games fanfic preview, list of awesome kotlc fanfics, list of amazing chapters in my fanfic, the amazeballs epilogue, or the new advice book I'll be writing [ps, y'all should ask me for advice on stuff if you want]) 

ONE YEAR LATER BECAUSE ANNOYING PLOT LINES

"I want it," Adela said, grabbing the toy from Kenric's hand. 

He looked at the toy and then looked at his empty hands before looking at Sophie. "MOM!" He wailed, tears coming out of the corner of his eyes.

She dropped the plate of food in her hand and walked over to where Adela had Kenric trapped on the couch. He still couldn't walk and his talking wasn't nearly as advanced as Adela's was when she was one, but he could still move around and yell at words like, "Mom!", "Dad!", and "I WANT THE TOY!". She let out a sigh before sitting on the couch and pulling Kenric on her lap. "You need to calm down," she scolded him immediately, stopping his shouting. Instead of shouting he sniffled into her shoulder. She rolled her eyes as she pat his head affectionately. She looked at Adela. "Please, for the love of all that's holy, give the toy back," she tried not to growl. 

"But Aunty Sophie," Adela whined, "it's my toy!"

Sophie took it from Adela and stared. "Adela, I gave this to Kenric last week," Sophie stated. She let out a sigh, glad Kenric had finally calmed down. She placed Kenric on her lap facing Adela. She frowned at Adela. "Tell Kenric you're sorry," Sophie demanded. 

Adela's lip quivered and she barely got out, "I'm sorry," before she jumped up on the couch and started to cry. 

Sophie let out a loud groan and lifted Kenric off her lap as she stood up. She put him on the couch and pointed to Kenric. "Comfort her while I go get your father. Wherever he is," she instructed, shouting the last part so Keefe would hear. After those words he ran downstairs, a toothbrush in his mouth. 

"What?" He asked, his voice muffled by the toothbrush. 

"Hurry up and finish that," she ordered. "I have to get to work within," she looked at her watch, "five minutes go." She closed her eyes and rubbed them before looking back at Keefe. "I can't stay here. I have to be there in time to set up Kammy's session before doing Julia's." About three weeks after Julia, Kammy Smith, a level five, had manifested in infliction. With Bronte preparing for retirement, there was no time for him to teach her. Sophie agreed to take on two prodigies. She had Kammy in mornings and Julia in afternoons on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She held lunch detention on Mondays, picked out the locker DNA strips on Wednesdays, and ran study hall on Fridays. Somehow after only one year of working there she was one of the most involved. She knew the council must have had some involvement, since there's no way just any teacher picks out the DNA strips. She appreciated it though and learned to love her job. Of all the jobs she thought she'd have one day, she never thought teacher. 

When she got to the school, her eyes had bags under them and her hair was messed up. Her shoulder also had a wet spot and she was pretty sure Kenric's snot as well from when he cried into her shoulder. All in all, she didn't feel like an elf.

"Hello, Lady Sophie," a Mentor who helped run Ability detecting greeted when Sophie entered the school. 

Sophie let out a loud sigh. "Just Sophie," she corrected. Then she let out a loud sigh. "Announcements start yet?"