Chapter 3

Shutting my mouth, I looked up at him giving him my puppy eyes. “Why do you think that is my cross?” I asked, showing him my charm bracelet that had my spare cross on it. Trying to prove that I didn’t lose a cross. He just grabbed my wrist and brought it up to his nose.

 “It has the faint scent that was left all over his room and the woods outside. What did you do?” But instead of waiting for my answer, he dragged me to his truck, set me inside and sped away.

We ended up at the cabin near the stream which Bryce bought so I would have a place to go hide. Bryce, Alpha, and I were the only ones that knew about the cabin. We used to play there when we were younger and the Alpha designated as my ‘hide’ spot. Bryce locked the door as I sat on the couch. He usually brought me here when it was serious.

“What did you do to him?” Bryce was trying to take my feelings into a count by not ordering me to tell him.

“I just released him from his curse.” I replied plainly replacing ghost with curse.

“You are not a mage and everyone knows that. What did you do?” He repeated again.

“How do you know I’m not a mage. My eyes are a freaky purple color that has never been seen on any other wolves! I am not normal!” I brought my wolf forward just to show him my freak purple eyes.

He then pulled me into a hug and squeezed tightly. “You know we don’t think of you as a freak. Your eyes are just a different color. We all love you.” His hug tightened.

“Really?” I asked, my voice feeling small and at the edge of tears.

“I wouldn’t lie to my favorite little sister.”

“I’m your only sister.” I laughed.

“There, all the more proof you are my favorite. I would never let any harm come to you, so please tell me what happened this morning.” Bryce pleaded.

“I had a friend this morning come to me saying he needed help. So I drove him to Howling Cape and he told me he had to help the Beta of the Brown Paw pack. We entered the room. He got rid of the curse while I distracted the guardian of the curse. He couldn’t use a cross so I used my cross because the guardian was weak against crosses. We then left and he told me not to tell anyone. His command was stronger than Alpha’s so I couldn’t tell Alpha when he asked the person to come forward. I was scared after that and didn’t want to tell anyone.” I stuck as close to the truth as possible. Deciding that the curse was the feeding part and the guardian was the vampire. I didn’t technically lie just didn’t tell the whole truth.

“Who is this person?”

“Kasey.”

“Is he a mage?” Bryce asked concerned.

“He is human.” Bryce then just looked at me strangely. He was probably trying to figure out how a human would be able to help anyone in the supernatural world. “He is a supernatural human. He has some weird powers but he isn’t a mage.” I clarified.

“I need to meet him. I need to know exactly what he did to Kaden. Tell me where to find him.” I just shook my head at him.

“He can’t meet with anyone. Please don’t make me say anymore.” Crying, I looked up into Bryce’s eyes. He sighed and just started to pat my head, holding me close. “Are you going to tell Alpha?” I asked.

“I have to tell Alpha, you know the rules but I want you to stay away from Kaden. I don’t want him looking any closer at this situation. Now stay here. I am going to go talk to Alpha and decide what is going to be done. I will be back in a bit.” With that, Bryce left. I sighed as I sat down on the couch.