Christmas Eve

Jordyn POV:

I can not believe I am going to do this. I'm gonna break up with Peyton on Christmas Eve. I'm a terrible person. Terrible terrible person. I sat at the diner waiting for Peyton. I finally spotted him walking in. He saw me and ran over.

"Hey Jor!" He smiled and sat down across from me. Weird, he usually says like 'hey babe' or something.

"Hey! Merry Christmas Eve!" I laughed.

"Listen, there's a reason I wanted to meet you for breakfast." Peyton said. Wait what? "I need to tell you something."

"I have something to tell you too. But you go first, yours is probably better than mine." I said. What could this be about? HOLD UP IS HE GONNA BREAK UP WITH ME? NO NO NO IM THE DUMPER NOT THE DUMPED!

"I've been trying to figure out how to tell you this, and I don't want you to hate me or anything." Peyton said.

"Pey spit it out." I laughed.

"Jordyn I'm gay." Peyton said. Well shit. Parker called that one. "Jordyn I-" he started but I cut him off.

"Peyton you don't need to explain yourself. You can't control who you love. Your heart does. What I'm guessing is there is already a man in your life!" I smirked. "Who's the lucky guy?"

"His name is Clark." Peyton blushed.

"Well I am very happy for you two. But my question is does this mean you will be my new gay best friend?" I laughed.

"Um of course you know it girl!" Peyton laughed. "Thank you for being so understanding. You are the first person I've told." Peyton said.

"Well I hope you told Clark!" I laughed.

"Oh Jordyn. Some guy is going to be really lucky to have you one day. And you know that red headed boy you posted a picture with on your Instagram is pretty cute!" Peyton said.

"Hey now, back off! You have a boyfriend!" I laughed. "But he's just a friend."

"So what did you have to tell me?" Peyton asked.

"Oh um, that Maura and my brother are dating now." I said. I can't tell him I was gonna dump him.

"Oh I totally saw that one coming." Peyton laughed. Yeah that makes one of us.

Ben POV:

"JOSH COME ON! ITS CHRISTMAS EVE AND WE STILL DONT HAVE A TREE IN OUR APARTMENT!" I screamed. Me and Sky were standing in the doorway in our jackets ready to leave.

"HOLD ON I CANT FIND MY SHOE." Josh screamed from his room. Everyday this happens. Every. Single. Day.

"Grab his shoe from under the couch." I said to Sky.

"How do you know it's under the couch?" Sky asked.

"Somehow that's where it always ends up." I laughed. Sky reached down and sure enough there was Josh's shoe. "He's such an idiot." I laughed.

"JOSH WE FOUND YOUR SHOE!" Sky screamed.

"Where was it?" Josh asked walking out of his room.

"Take a guess." I laughed. We headed out and walked down the street to a little Christmas tree shop on the side of the street.

"So Jordyn invited us to Christmas at her apartment. Would that be weird for you or...." Josh said.

"No, I would love to spend it with her. I don't think she hates me anymore, we've been texting and we are friends again." I said.

"Let's do it!" Sky said.

"Ok well she said we can do Christmas Eve dinner and stay the night or just come over in the morning." Josh said.

"Well none of us three can cook so we should probably go there for Christmas Eve dinner." I laughed.

"Ok it's settled I will text her now." Josh said.

"When did you and Jordyn get so close?" I asked.

"They've always been close." Sky said.

"We never had 'feelings' for each other that would interfere with our friendship." Josh said. Is that where I went wrong? Because I fell in love with her? We picked out of our tree and headed back to the apartment. Finally it was time to go to Jordyns. I opened up my closet and grabbed the gift for Jordyn. This gift I bought her for Christmas before we broke up. Should I give it to her? I threw it in my overnight bag. I will decide later. It's now or never Ben.

Jordyn POV:

The doorbell rang and I ran to answer it. I was already in my Christmas onesie and ready to eat! We made...or ordered...some Chinese food! I opened the door and Ben, Josh, and Sky were standing in the doorway.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!" They all smiled in their Santa hats.

"Aw it's Santas little helpers!" I laughed. I forgave Ben, I wanted us to be friends again. It's been hard these past years without my Newsie brothers and I just want it to be like old times again. They came in and they all set presents down under the tree. I got them all something this morning, even Ben. We sat down and ate and before we knew it, it was 11:00 at night.

"Ok it's late, I need sleep!" Parker said.

"We blew up some air mattresses for you guys." I said pulling them out of mauras room.

"Aw how considerate." Josh said sarcastically

"I can pop yours and call it a night!" I said.

"No thanks!" Josh said jumping up and grabbing it out of my hands.  We said goodnight and I headed into my room. I want to fall asleep, I really do, but I can't stop thinking about Ben and Sky. I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling for awhile when I finally decided to turn the tv on. I put on Demarius' blog again, the one I watched yesterday.

"I NEED COFFEE!" Little me screamed on the tv. I'm such a loser. I heard a quiet knock and I turned to see Ben standing in the doorway.

"I was awake when I suddenly heard my voice coming from your bedroom." Ben laughed.

"Just watching some old videos." I said. "Come on in." He came and sat down next to me on the bed.

"I remember that day so vividly in my head." Ben said. "When it was just the two of us."

"When we thought forever actually meant forever." I laughed.

"Well for me it did. I never stopped loving you." Ben said. Forever. I've always hated that word. "Merry Christmas Jordyn." Ben said kissing the top of my head. I should be stopping this. But some part of me doesn't want this to stop. Some part of me wants us to be Ben and Jordyn again.

"Merry Christmas Ben."