It's For Me To Know, and You To Find Out. Chapter - 1.

Genre:

Vampire.

Short Summary of the Story:

 Madeline Truth once belonged to a family of Vampire Hunters, but now has turned into a Queen of the clan of Vampires. Follow her as she tries to find the one who's trying to murder her and create a web of lies.

Short Summary of the Chapter:

 Madeline is confronted by a horde of vampires who come with an intent of fighting her and changing her into one of them. Will they succeed?

Review:

 The chapter starts abruptly leaving the reader completely confused as to why the protagonist would be indecisive about opening the door. There is no explanation or prelude to the act. It is only later that she reveals being a vampire hunter, being hunted by vampires. For a change, the vampires have been described as ghastly monsters who are abhorred and not worshipped.

  The author manages to direct the readers back into the story further on in the chapter. The action scene has been described well, though it could have described Madeline's emotions simultaneously. Her reactions and feelings seem a little dry, precisely because of which, the chapter drags in a few places. Also I would have liked a little more build-up to the action scene. But on the up-side, it is an original piece and leaves the readers curious. The summary shows potential.

  I couldn't really find any spelling or grammatical errors.

Suggestion to the writer:

  There seems to be a lack of the adrenaline factor. Try and engage the readers by making the lead character more relatable in terms of behaviour and feel.

Final Verdict:

**1/2 out of *****.