Bleeding Royalty. Prologue.

Genre:

Vampire Humour.

Short Summary of the Story:

It's Cassie Heart's 18th birthday. It's probably going to make her happy and be the time of her life. But one thing's sure, it'll be the year she'll never forget.

Short Summary of the Chapter:

Set in 1832 London, this prologue describes the killing of a maiden by a prince against his wishes.

Review:

 The prologue has been written well, in a simple language but with an adequate disposition to encourage the reader to relate to the characters and the plot. It induces curiosity about the characters and the reasons behind their actions. Through the circumstance and the effective dialogues, the emotions can be felt and thus shows lucidity of the writing. The grammar and spelling was flawless. The pacing and flow of the story was effortless. It directly starts with an action scene sparing the reader unnecessary introductions. The paragraphs are well spaced out and easy to read.

However, the speech and the feel does not feel like the 19th century.

Suggestions to the writer:

   Include descriptions of the court and also the emotions in greater detail. Also try including an old world feel through changes in phrases and sentence structuring.

Final Verdict:

*** out of *****