Memories. Chapter - 10.

Genre:

Teen Fiction:

Short Summary of the Story:

With her mother dead and father missing, Jessica sinks into depression and confines herself to her house for five months, until Dennis, a cop comes knocking at her door. He helps her out and they end up falling in love. When he has to move across the country, she is heartbroken but starts falling for Micah. Who will she choose?

Short Summary of the Chapter:

Jessica is at home expecting Dennis to come over and say goodbye before he moves across the country. Meanwhile Micah visits her, raids her fridge, watches cartoons sitting on her couch and leaves after beginning what seems to be a beautiful friendship.

Review:

  The plot seems pretty promising. It is fresh and not so oft ventured into. However, in this chapter, Jessica's cheerful demeanour is a little confusing, especially when the love of her life is going to move across the country in such short a while. Micah's character is downright unrealistic. Who would barge into just an acquaintance's house and behave like that? The use of dialogue is the redeeming factor. Parts of infused humor are well done,  though on a whole it is not that relatable. Also, the use of slang is more than required. Decent spelling and grammar.

Final Verdict:

** out of *****.