The Invaders Must Die. Chapter - 7.

Genre:

Science Fiction Action

Short Summary of the Story:

 By 2015, humans have discovered an unknown race of aliens who then send several scouting parties out to find the human planet, one of them landing in Illinois. A SWAT team member befriends an alien who convinces their alien leader to call off the attack. However, his request being denied, he and a few other aliens finally defect to the human side on the advent of war.

Short Summary of the Chapter:

 This chapter describes an ongoing war between the humans and the aliens.

Review:

   The chapter was made too complicated and confusing by the inclusion of a myriad of characters. How can the author expect the reader to enjoy reading, when it becomes difficult to just keep up with the knowledge, history and activities of so many characters. The story should have been simplified by following the story of a few lead characters and allowed the others to blur in the background. Alsointroduction of too many characters at the same time further entangles the story, converting it into a dark maze.

  The author tries very hard to make the plot interesting and action-paced. It has the potential to be achieved but falls flat plainly because a lot of action has been described in sporadic and distinct incidents. There is no continuity or effortless flow to it. At some places, it is boring, monotonous and almost indistinguishable from the previous sentence. I was almost tempted to just skim through the rest.

Suggestions:

   Avoid having too many characters.

   Pace it well..such that it gets adrenaline pumping.

   Avoid too much of action description. 'Show' the reader rather than 'tell'.

Final Verdict:

** out of *****.