The Red King's Dreams - Prologue.

Genre:

Mystery/Suspense Fantasy.

Short Summary of the Story:

 Alice Hargreaves descends into wonderland, along with her best friend Sir Lewis Caroll to end her family's curse and kill the Red King. Follow her pursuit for a better future.

Short Summary of the Chapter:

 This prologue describes how Wonderland came to be created and what prompted the curse that propelled Alice's ancestors to doom.

Review:

 This story is the writer's interpretation of Alice in Wonderland with a completely different plot, bordering on the point of sinister. The writer starts the story with "My story begins with..." Generally, if one writes a story, he/she need not mention the fact in the story...it is obvious. Rather, it could have just begun with a setting in 1802. Also, current day Alice is narrating the story, so including the dialogues occurring in her great-grandmother's time seems a little out of place. Maybe, including the entire flashback as the prologue and then starting the first chapter with the current Alice's POV would give a better effect. Also, the history seems a little too rushed. Enlightenment on how Charles had access to magic was lacking. The last sentence could have been avoided.

 The grammar and spelling are in place. An interesting take on everyone's favourite childhood tale.

Final Verdict:

**1/2 out of *****