Chapter 39

I arrive at Mystic Falls high school. All of the kids are outside laughing and hanging out together. I park my car and look down at my baby bump.

"Your going to hear your family's voice for the very first time little girl" I say talking to her. I've been trying to talk to her a lot. I want her to know the sound of my voice when I meet her for the first time. I get out of the car and walk inside. I see Caroline off in the distance handing out yearbooks at the yearbook table. I walk over and stand in line, trying to be inconspicuous. I get to the front of the line and Caroline is looking through the money box. "Hi, I'd like to buy a yearbook" I say to her, catching her attention.

"Hold on one second" She tells me as she pulls out a yearbook from under the table. She then looks up at me, a beaming smile on my face. Caroline puts her hands over her mouth and just looks up at me. "Oh my god" Caroline says as she gets up and looks at me.

"Hi Care" I smile at her. She walks out from behind the table and I greet her.

"Oh my god I can't believe you are here! I missed you so much" Caroline says hugging me tightly. I hug her back, I missed her so much.

"I missed you too Care. I'm so happy I'm back to see you guys graduate" I say excitedly. Caroline just looks at me and then looks at my baby bump.

"You look fantastic. You are glowing!" Caroline says as she puts her one hand on my stomach.

"Thank you, I've been trying to drink a lot of milk. I heard that it helps your skin when you are pregnant" I say laughing.

"You look amazing P. I'm so happy you are here" Caroline says hugging me again.

"Ugh I missed you guys so much, you have no idea how boring it is down in New Orleans, I literally have to sit around the house and do nothing. It sucks" I complain.

"Wait, does Klaus even know you are here?" Caroline asks me curiously. I look at her guiltily and a shocked look comes on her face. "Penelope Ramona! You can't just leave when there are like 100 witches out to get you, he probably thinks someone took you! Or worse! Your dead!" Caroline exclaims.

"It's okay Care, I'm going back. I just couldn't miss this your guys graduation" I say as I rest my hand on my stomach. Caroline looks down at my stomach and then back up at me.

"I'm sorry, it still is processing in my mind that you are actually pregnant. Like my best friend is pregnant" Caroline says as she smiles down at my stomach.

"Listen, I can't believe it either" I smile at her happily.

"Oh my God, P!" I hear another familiar voice say. I turn and see Bonnie staring at me in amazement.

"Bonnie!" I say as she comes over and hugs me tightly. She lets go and looks at me.

"You really are pregnant" Bonnie laughs as she looks down at my stomach.

"Did all of you expect me not to be pregnant?" I ask them curiously with a laugh.

"It's kind of hard processing the fact that you are pregnant with a 1000 year old hybrid's baby" Caroline says chuckling a little. Bonnie puts her hand on my belly and closes her eyes, she opens them a few moments later.

"It is definitely a girl" Bonnie says to me her smile beaming. Being here with them makes me miss home so much. But I feel terrible for not letting Klaus or Elijah know where I was going. They must be worried sick about me. Maybe I should call them. But Klaus will be so angry with me, what if he never forgives me. Maybe I'll just call Elijah and have him talk to Klaus about it. I try to push those thoughts into the back of mine.