Chapter 35

I am strolling around the house that all of us have been staying in. I look down at my stomach, patiently waiting for my baby bump to form. I just want a little one, that's all I ask. I walk past Rebekah's room and see her getting ready.

"Where are you going?" I ask nosily. She turns her head at me and then turns back around to face her mirror.

"There is a masquerade ball this evening, Nik and I are attending" Rebekah says as she puts an earring into her ear.

"I want to go! I never get to go anywhere anymore!" I complain to her.

"You can ask Nik, but I'm sure his answer will be no. He doesn't want anything happening to that little baby" Rebekah tells me as she does some of her make up.

"Where is he? I'm going to go ask him" I ask her curiously.

"He's in his room getting ready"

"Thanks!" I chirp as I go down the hallway to Klaus's room. I walk in, lightly knocking on the door to get his attention.

"Come in" He tells me, looking in his mirror.

"Hey... Klaus.." I say trying to be friendly with him. He looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"Would you like something Penelope?" Klaus asks curiously.

"So, I was wondering if I could possibly, maybe go to the masquerade ball tonight?" I ask him extremely politely.

"Absolutely not" Klaus says with a little laugh.

"Come on, what's the harm in it? I haven't been out of the house in like a million days!" I over exaggerate.

"I don't know, maybe the harm is you getting eaten by one of Marcel's vampire lackeys" Klaus retorts as he puts on his jacket.

"I'll stay with your or Rebekah at all times, I promise! Just me go for at least an hour!" I plead to him desperately.

"No Penelope. You will ruin the plan"

"Okay, well the werewolf would like to know the plan" I say crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well depends on what plan you mean, love. My plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world" Klaus says as he slips his tie on.

"The plan to rescue Elijah from your mortal enemy!" I say rolling my eyes.

"Okay, well firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently and thirdly.." Klaus trails off as Rebekah walks into the room. "Sister, please"

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back" Rebekah pipes up. I look at them confused.

"That's it? That's the whole entire plan?"

"Please! Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical" Rebekah scoffs.

"And that's only plan A, love! There's always a plan B" Klaus says with a smirk tugging at his lips.

"And what does plan B happen to be?" I ask him curiously.

"War" Klaus smiles devilishly. I look between the two of them and then back at Klaus.

"Klaus, just please let me go tonight, I won't be in the way, I promise! If things go wrong I'll get myself out of there, just please let me go!" I beg him.