Chapter 8

I wake up to a sleeping Klaus next to me. No one knows I'm here. I look at my phone and Elena, Damon and Caroline have been blowing it up. I simply ignore it. I realize no one will understand how I feel. I get out of bed, trying not to wake Klaus. I pull on my black spandex and his black button down shirt. I pin my curls behind my head and head down the stairs to the kitchen. I pop open the fridge and just see blood bags.

"You'd think that after a thousand years the guy would have some groceries" I say to myself. I open a drawer and see a dozen eggs. I smile to myself and pull them out.

"I see that you have spent the night once again" I hear Rebekah's voice say as she enters the kitchen. I am a little speechless for a second.

"Umm, yeah.. I hope that's okay.." Is all I manage to get out.

"It's not like I have a say in it, now do I? Nik always gets what he wants" Rebekah says peering her eyes at me. She scares me, she's impulsive, like Klaus. But I know Klaus has managed to control his around me.

"Listen Rebekah.. I know we got off to a rough start but-" Rebekah suddenly cuts me off.

"It's not that we got off to the wrong start, I frankly hate you Penelope. You come off as this all knowing, forgiving person when you are a snake... Just like your sweet little baby sister Elena. How Elena intends to break the bond of the Salvatore brothers, it seems like you intend to break the bond of the Mikaelson brothers" Rebekah says coldly. I am extremely caught off by these crazy statements she throws at me.

"That was and will never be my intention Rebekah.." I tell her truthfully. She lets out a little laugh.

"Do you realize that every person I have claimed to love, Nik has harmed or killed them? Or just refused my love for them? So, maybe I should do the same to him" Rebekah says as throws me into the wall, I feel the wall crack when my body weight hits it, causing me to grunt in pain as I fall to the ground. Rebekah walks over to me as I try and struggle to my feet. She comes over and picks me up by my neck and holds me a few inches above the ground. "So pathetic.." Rebekah says as she looks me dead in the eyes as I struggle to get air out mouth. She elongates her fangs and the veins beneath her eyes protrude. Right when she is about to bite me her grip around me is removed and I fall to the floor. I begin to gasp for air. I look up and see Klaus in front of me and facing Rebekah, who he just threw across the room. He walks towards Rebekah who is on the ground. He kneels down next to her and looks into her eyes.

"If you touch her again, sister. You will have a guaranteed dagger in your back. Understood?" Klaus asks her in his cunning tone. She looks up at him.

"Go to hell, Nik" She says before she vampire speeds out of the house. Klaus looks at me and vampire speeds towards me, immediately coming to my side.

"Are you alright, love?" Klaus asks me concerned. I cough a little, just trying to get my steady breathing back.

"Umm, yeah. I'm okay" I say unsure. I touch the back of my head and pull away blood. Klaus looks at me concerned again. He quickly bites into his wrist.

"Please.." He says to me.

"No Klaus... it's fine" I tell him.

"Drink" Klaus instructs me sternly. I finally give in and put my mouth to his wrist and drink a few sips of his blood. I quickly pull away and wipe my lips. I actually feel a little better already. Klaus grabs a rag and wipes my lips to get his blood off of them.

"Thank you" I say to him as he helps me to my feet. 

"Anything for you love" Klaus says as he pulls me into a hug. We didn't hug often, him and I. But when I got the chance to hug him.. it felt absolutely amazing.