Chapter 16

"Oh my God. This can't be happening" I say pacing the living room floor. Surprisingly, Stefan, Damon and Caroline didn't die. It looks as though Klaus didn't sire their bloodline. But Tyler Lockwood did. Klaus is gone as well. The person I hated to love. But he was considered my first love, because I had never experienced that much love before while I was loving him.

"This isn't your fault P" Stefan says, trying to be reassuring.

"I should've jumped in the water, I should've pulled out Matt while you pulled out Elena. We could've saved them both" I say as I pace my living room with tear stained cheeks.

"There was nothing you could've done..." Stefan breathes out.

"My sister is going to become a vampire because of me... I was supposed to protect her Stefan! I was supposed to be there for her" I say as tears form in my eyes.

"Please inform me on why you aren't dead" Damon says coming into the room.

"Rebekah, she pulled me out before the truck went over the bridge" I say wiping my eyes. Damon looks at me angrily.

"You are telling me that you got a free pass because you were the hybrid freak show's possession?" Damon snarls at me angrily.

"I didn't ask to be saved Damon! If I could switch places with Elena I gladly would" I snap back at him.

"That's enough Damon." Stefan warns Damon. "P, go upstairs, spend time with Elena. We will figure this out" Stefan says trying to reassure me. I nod my head and go upstairs to see Elena and Jeremy hugging.

"Jer, Elena" I breathe out. They look at me. They just come over and hug me tighter than ever. Tears escape my eyes. "I'm so sorry I let both of you down" I sob as I cling to both of them like a monkey on a vine.

"There was nothing you could've done P" Elena says.

"It's okay P. We love you" Jeremy tells me. I failed my family, I failed everyone. But I will do my best to make everything up to them.

-----------------------

"Okay Caroline, you have everything ready?" I ask Caroline as I carry one of her bags down the stairs as she trails behind me.

"Yeah I have everything. Are you sure you don't want to come with P? It seems like you could use a vacation" Caroline says trying to lighten the mood.

"I wish, but my business is here. Come on, let's go" I say to her. Suddenly her phone begins to ring.

"Mom! Hey!" She answers. I can't hear the conversation, but I know that sheriff must be worried sick about her daughter. "Mom, I'm leaving now. I'm with P" She says I begin to try and exit the house but I hear Caroline drop her phone and fall to the ground. I see this man who just vervained her. I turn into Mama bear within an instant. I bring the bag I have in my hand and hit him with it as hard as I can. He falls to the ground clutching his face. I grab the phone and Caroline's arm.

"Sheriff! Caroline is unconscious, This.. This guy vervained her!" I say as I pull Caroline out of the house.

"Get her out of there!" Sheriff cries out to me. But as I drag Caroline out of the house someone puts something over my mouth, within seconds everything is black.

---------------------

I wake up in this moving van. Caroline are in there tied up with me.

"Finally, you are awake" Caroline says.

"What happened?" I breathe out confused.

"You were kidnapped, Alaric outted everyone to the council. Not quite sure why you are here" Rebekah says in her snarky Rebekah.