Chapter 10

(*Extreme Mature content*)
"It's like, a total switch went off inside of him Elijah! I couldn't believe it was actually him" I explain to Elijah as I pace my bedroom floor, he just leans against the window sill listening to me.

"That's typical Niklaus. Impulsive as ever" Elijah says thinking about what I have to say.

"Then he begged me to stay, like he did nothing wrong. I mean I've successfully avoided him for a week and a half now, and I'm still scared to go outside. I forget what he's capable of you know?" I explain to Elijah.

"I understand your frustration Penelope, but Niklaus cares for you. If he didn't you would've been dead for talking to him, or interfering in helping Damon when it was not your place to help" Elijah tells me as he is in deep thought, processing what I'm telling him.

"Well he has a funny way of showing it. I just don't know what to do Elijah. I'm so mad at him! Like I never want to see his stupid face again. But then I remember how happy he makes me and how much I enjoy being with him. It's all so confusing, I don't know what to think or feel" I express to him. My feelings haven't changed for Elijah, they've actually grown stronger since my fall out with Klaus, but he will never admit that he wants to be with me, as long as Klaus is around he will never give into his wants.

"Penelope, I think you should mend your dispute with Niklaus" Elijah says to me. I look at him like he's a crazy person.

"How about he comes and mends the dispute with me? He's the one at fault here!" I say defensively.

"I'm not saying you have to apologize to him, just mend your broken relationship" Elijah suggests again. I process it in my head and think about it for a second.

"I don't know Elijah. What he did was... Terrible" I say as I push a curl from my face.

"Should I reminisce about how Damon fed Elena his blood against her will for his own personal usage, or how about the time Stefan almost drove Elena off the bridge your parents died at to get back at Klaus?" Elijah asks me. I guess he's right. Everyone I know has done some pretty bad stuff.

"Fine.. I will talk to him. That's it though" I say to Elijah sternly.

"Thank you Penelope. Niklaus needs you more than you think" Elijah tells me in a serious tone. The thing Elijah doesn't know is, I think I need Klaus too. But then again, I need Elijah in many ways too.

--------------------

I arrive at the Mikaelson mansion and walk in.

"Klaus?" I call through out the house. I walk into the kitchen and see Klaus feeding on some girl that looks about my age. He pulls away from the girl's neck and looks at me with a smile.

"Penelope! What a surprise!" Klaus says with the blood over his lips.

"I came here to talk, but if you are busy I guess I'll just see myself out" I say to him as I'm about to leave.

"Oh no, please stay" Klaus says in his cunning tone. "I'm done with you for now Gabby, you may leave" Klaus compels the girl. She gets up and leaves without an argument. "I like Gabby" Klaus smiles as he wipes his lips.

"So is this how you deal with a break up? Binge on college girls instead of chocolate like a normal person" I say as I lean against the kitchen counter.

"Everyone has their coping mechanisms don't they now, love?" Klaus asks me as he stands up from the kitchen chair.

"Anyway.. A friend suggested that I come and talk things out with you.." I trail off as I play with the ends of my curls. A smile comes across Klaus's face.