ch.30 Now

Sebastian pulled my makeshift skirt over us. I started to squirm under his heavy body but he held himself down over me.

"You tryna escape me, baby?" he grinned.

I looked up at him carefully. My heart was thumping so quickly in my chest that it felt numb. 

Sebastian laughed.

I swallowed hard.

"Well that's not happening, Never again" he shook his head confidently.

I tried to take a breath, but his chest was pressed against mine so tightly that I felt glued to him. I wondered how many months, years, decades I would be glued to him if I didn't leave now. I had to leave now.

Sebastian played with a piece of my hair and twirled it around his finger. He follwed the strand down my neck and he let his fingers trace my breasts. 

"Sebastian" I spoke up. I tried to casually cover my chest, but Sebastian was blind to my discomfort.

"Hmm" he nodded.

"Sebastian" I raised my voice.

"Tar, I'm so sorry he hurt you" Sebastian whispered softly. He took my face in his hands and looked into my eyes for a change.

I turned away.

Zayn did many inhumane things, like kidnapping and chaining me down, but he never 'hurt' me the way Sebastian thought. If anything, Sebastian had hurt me just moments ago. His love was hard and physical, not underlying or complex. Or, cursed...

"When I get you home, I'm going to come back and find his pervy little ass chop off his filthy princehood" Sebastian declared.

"Get off!" I screamed.

I shoved so hard at Sebastian's chest that he fell back out of shock, not my supposed strength. 

Quickly, I grabbed his torn shirt and tied it around my waist. Then I took the remnants of my corset and laced it back together as best and as fast as I could. I ran so fast that Sebastian sat there for a minute, completely shocked. As shocked as me.

***

Zayn's POV:

I grasped my chest and shut my eyes to ease the torturous pain. It felt like my words, my blood was choking me, killing me. My throat burned. Every muscle in my body stretched and contracted. I wasn't just in pain. I was dying. 

And, what's more, I was being killed, by the one person that freed me: Tarini.

"Em" I whispered.

M.L. reached her hand to me and tried to help me up but I refused her. I wanted to die her, in my castle, alone, the way I was born.

"Zayn, she's hurting you" she cried. "She's- she's killing my baby" she sobbed in her sleeve.

I shook my head.

I wouldn't admit it aloud, even though I knew Tar killed me when she was here, but also when she left. It wasn't her fault she had baggage in the form of a blonde neaderthal. It wasn't her fault she was as charming as she was stubborn. It wasn't her fault she didn't love me the way I loved her.

"I'm ok" I mumbled.

M. L. fell to her knees and wrapped her arms around me.

"My baby, my baby" she wailed.

"My baby" I whispered as I stared at the door Tar had left from.

I choked on my tongue. Her name poisoned my mouth and the irony was more hilarious than it was depressing.