ch.21- Taken

Zayn hap hazardously allowed me to see Jimmy. He took my hand and walked me down every step of the castle staircase, down the marble hallways and outside to the dock.

Jimmy saw us coming down and he stood up immediately. I didn't know if it was because he wanted to respect us as if we were royalty (technically we are but Jimmy's our age, it seems weird for him to bow or be extra formal).

Zayn and I were only a few yards from Jimmy and the closer we inched toward him, the tighter Zayn gripped my hand.

I cleared my throat, hoping he'd leave my hand bruise-free.

Zayn noticed nothing and continued to squeeze the life out of my hand.

"Zayn!"

"Y-yes?" he asked. 

I looked down at my hand and Zayn he let go, but he focused on my face instead. He smoothed his thumb along my cheek and down to my lips.

"Tar, wouldn't it be better if you just forgot about the ship wreck?" he asked hesitantly. 

"I can't-"

"I mean it must have been a horrible experience-" 

"Zayn, I have to-"

"-But you're here now, with me and that's all that matters, right?" he asked hurriedly. He smiled and his dark lashes fluttered anxiously. 

"Zayn" I sighed. 

Zayn swallowed hard and searched my eyes for a moment. He was so afraid I'd leave, so out right terrified that someone would take me, just like he technically took me. 

"Zayn, I just- I just have to know what happened to everyone" I mumbled hesitantly. I avoided his eyes for a moment. 

"Your old boyfriend" he clairified.

I swallowed hard. 

"Yeah" I nodded.

Zayn lifted my chin up with his thumb, but I looked away for a moment. It was painful to remember Sebastian now that I was happy with Zayn, but, at the same time, it would be horrible of me to shove Sebastian out of my head, out of my heart. He was still there.

I glanced over Zayn's shoulder at Jimmy. Then I looked down at my chest. My necklace wasn't there. I wasn't wearing my simple white dress, I was wearing a formal gown. And I knew. Sebastian is alive. He's not here, but he's alive.

"Tar" Zayn spoke up.

I rubbed my chest for a moment and looked up at Zayn quickly. I felt like I was naked, stranded, lost somewhere inside myself, in my confused, unfaithful self.

Zayn smiled slowly and walked me over to Jimmy. Jimmy stood up and grinned at me. Then he turned to Zayn and nodded.

"How are you, your majesty?" Jimmy asked kindly.

He bowed before Zayn and then reached for my hand to greet me, but Zayn wrapped both his hands over mine. He just glared at Jimmy for a full minute before letting my hand go. 

Jimmy opened his mouth to speak up, but Zayn pulled me back and held my face in his hands. 

"Just call my name and I'll take you back" Zayn declared.

"Zayn-"

"I'll have him thrown off the island in a breath" Zayn whispered loudly, loud enough for Jimmy to hear and feel uncomfortable. 

I sighed and looked at Jimmy apologetically.

"I'll be ok" I nodded.

"One breath" Zayn repeated, holding up one finger for emphasis.