quatorze ~ any moment now

"Nice rest, Phil?" Al asks as I sit down next to Dan catching his eyes. I nod and begin to eat my food. "You feeling better, Dan?" he asks and Dan nods stuffing food in his mouth. "Any information?" Dan shakes his head frowning.

"We haven't found her yet," one of the officers says.

"I'm pretty sure that if you found her, then we would've known by now," I say.

"Don't sass me!" he snaps and I put my hands up in defense.

"We're doing the best we can," Al says. We're going out today, though, in like, fifteen minutes, so eat quickly so we can make most of the day." Dan and I nod and finish our food while the officers keep making conversation with themselves.

~

Fifteen minutes later, we finished our food and stepped outside. I looked at all the different buildings in aw. It's really amazing.

"Phil! Dan!" I hear Al yell from a while away where the officers were walking away. "This way!" he yells again and we run up to them.

"You can go sight seeing later," Officer Little says as catch up and my face goes red slightly in embarrassment.

"So what are we doing?" Dan asks.

"Splitting up, looking for her, handing out wanted signs and hanging them up," Al answers and we nod. "Dan will go with me, and Phil will go with Little," he says and I groan silently. I don't want to split from Dan! And I definitely don't want to talk to Officer Little alone.

"Okay, when?" Dan asks as we approach three police cars. "The fuck did you get these?" he asks and I think the same thing.

"We're police officers, it's not like there aren't other police officers here that can help us out," Al answers and we nod.

"Phil, you're coming with me," Officer Little says and hops in one of the police cars. I groan slightly and get in the same car as him waving bye to Dan first. I avoid his eye contact and just look out the window while he drives but I can tell he keeps looking at me.

"Phi-"

"I don't want to hear it!" I snap and look back out the window.

"I was just going to say to put your seat belt on," Officer Little says and I groan loudly putting on my seat belt. "Safety first!" he says cheerfully and I just glare at him.

"You're not funny," I say and look out the window again.

"Phil, I was just trying to help," he says but I ignore him. "Why are you so mad? I just don't want you to lose your opportunity."

"Why do you care?" I ask harshly. "I don't have any opportunity, and it doesn't matter anyways! I just met you too, so it doesn't matter!" he sighs heavily.

"Phil, I just don't want you to make a mistake, okay? When I was your age, there was someone I really loved, but was too nervous to say anything. But luckily, someone tried to talk me into to asking this person out and-"

"Is this gong anywhere important?" I ask. I'm being such a douche nut.

"Annnnnd, they talked me into sharing my true feelings with this person I thought I had no chance with, I did, and I've never been more happy in making that decision my whole life." he say dreamily.

"That's different," I say trying to be right. "At least yours actually probably liked your gender! I'm halfway positive Dan likes girls more then boys."

"That person I liked is now my husband, Phil," he says and my mouth drops all the way open. Officer Little's... gay? How did I not know?

"Oh, um," I say awkwardly. "I, uh,"