deux ~ loyal friend

I wake up to hear a couple bangs in the kitchen and I realize Dan is probably up. Hopefully Annabell left. My stomach growls and I realize I didn't have dinner last night. I check my phone that was next to my bed and it read eleven. Ugh. I slept in later than usual. Annabell is most likely gone so I should probably get up now.

I drag myself out of bed and shove my phone in the pocket of my jeans I was still wearing from the day before. I walk slowly through the hall and go over to the kitchen where Annabell is was picking up her bag with one hand and eating a banana in with the other. I glance over at Dan who was passed out on the larger one of our couches.

"Sorry I have to go so soon, Phil, I have somewhere to be," Annabell say walking over to me and glancing over at Dan.

"Whatever," I grumble and look down at her when she glances up at me in curiosity of my behavior through her large frames. "Sorry, for being rude, I'm so tired." I say and lift a hand to my head for a dramatic effect.

"Oh, sorry Phil, it's okay. I'm pretty tired too, well, I have to go! Tell Danny I'll give him a call, yeah?" I nod and she smiles before taking off out the door. When she closes the door behind her, I flip her off behind her back waving my hands around for a childish effect.

I walk back in the living room and sit on the smaller couch, looking over at Dan. C'mon, Dan. Just wake up. We'd finally be alone and could have some us time if you weren't passed out probably from having sex the night before.

It seems sort of creepy to watch him while he sleeps, but, I can't help his adorableness. He just looks like a child the way his hands are lazily put together just in front of his face hiding his mouth which only I would know would be parted slightly. Maybe if I make us breakfast, he'll get up and we can talk just like we used to. Yeah, I think I'll do that! I smile to myself and walk to the kitchen to start making pancakes.

After finishing the last pancake, I hear a groan from the living room and a loud thud. I turn around to see Dan sprawled on the floor from where he previously fell. I stiftle a giggle as best as I can and I turn around to seperate my pancakes from his and soon move to the fridge to pour both of us chocolate milk.

"Bella?" Dan calls and I cringe at the pet name he gave her.

"Oh, she left around an hour ago, she had somewhere to be, I forgot to tell you," i say and he nods. He smiles at the food on the table.

"Look who's baking heaven," he says and walks over to the pancakes to inhale their scent deeply.

"Don't get high off them Daniel!" I say laughing and set his chocolate milk next to his plate where we both take them into the living room.

"What made you go all deliah smith this fine day?" Dan says shoving the pancake into his mouth. I shrug my shoulders.

"We havn't actually sat down and had breakfast lately, and I don't know," I say trailing off. I feel him staring at me and I look up to meet his concerned eyes.

"What's wrong Phil?" he asks and I shrug my shoulders and take a sip of my drink. He nudges playfully into my shoulder. "C'mon mr. deliah, tell doctor Dan what's bugging you," I can't help but smile at this.

"Nothing, I'm just tired," I say and look down. Dan's still staring at me. I look back up at his disbelieving eyes.

"Phil, if there's one thing in the world I know, it's when you're upset, now tell me what's wrong or Lion will go missing!" I giggle. He does know me well. We're best friends. We're supposed to tell each other when one is annoyed by the other. I don't have to tell the full truth.

"Well, it's just that, like," I start and stop again trying to find the words. "Ever since you started, now I wouldn't say I'm jealous or anything, it's just ever since you and Annabell have been, you know, together," I stop looking down unsure whether to go on or not.

"Yeah?" he asks quietly. I've always loved when he used that voice. No sarcasm, no irony, just filled with care and compassion.

"Well, we haven't hung out a lot, and I don't know, I guess I kind of miss that," I say quieter than I did before. I don't look at his expression at first because I'm afraid what he'll say. He could laugh at me. He could say I'm a faggot. He could call me a freak or he could just understand. I eventuallly look up at him and he's smiling.

"I know what you mean mate," he says. "Anna has been taking a lot of my time away, I mean, things are getting pretty serious between us." I nod trying to remember I'm his best friend and I have to stay calm in front of him. "But, yeah, I've missed just hanging out with you too, I mean this is the first normal and long conversating between us in like three weeks?" I nod. "But, it's amazing being with her and all that, but I hate ignoring you too! Oh god you probably think I'm such a dick head."

"No, no, you're just being a loyal boyfriend," I say truthfully.

"Yeah, but I've let that get in the way of being a loyal friend," I smile and hope he can't see my cheeks heat up. "So you know what? Today is a phan day! Well, not involving the homosexual stuff. But you know what I mean. Halo untill one, then we'll go to the London eye and walk around, then we'll come back here and make a video then play MORE video games, just like we used to!" I smile from ear to ear. I may not have Dan as my boyfriend, but his friendship means the world to me.

"That sounds great Dan!" I say and smile at him when he returns the smile. At this moment, I'm ensured that we're still okay. That no matter what happens, we're best friends. I thought this would happen before, but still, just what he said ensured it.

Two reads.. and they're both my own.. *high fives myself* WOHOO! :)