treize ~ you're going to regret it

"That was worth the wait!" I say at three in the morning eating a slice of pizza. Dan nods and reaches for one too.

"Maybe we should've realized that the pizza places don't speak English before," he says giggling walking over to the window where we layed out a blanket for our "picnic." I smile and take the pizza box over to him and sitting down next to him looking out the window. "Or maybe we should've realized that there aren't many pizza places in Paris." I just nod and take more bites.

"The Eiffel tower looks gorgeous at night," I say getting off subject.

"Phillll, you sound like a tourist!" Dan whines making me laugh.

"No really," I say still slightly giggling. "No one really knows this but I've always wanted to go on the Eiffel tower," I really do want to. I always have. But honestly I just want to go there with Dan.

"Why?" Dan asks. "It's just a tall tower." We both giggle.

"It's not just a tall tower," I say and Dan looks at me raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, then what is it?" Dan asks.

"Hm," I hum trying to think of something to say about it. "It's a tall tower that has pretty lights!" I say with no other reason and we both laugh.

"That's it then? You want to spend a fortune on going to see a tall tower with pretty lights? Phil, our apartment is tall, we could put some pretty lights up there!" He says still giggling.

"But all of Paris won't be beneath us!" I whine and look out the window. "It's got to be an amazing veiw!"

"Well, I don't think that will happen, so let's focus on trying to find Kaydee, okay?" he says and I look over to see the smile wiped off his face. I can't find any words to say since he brought Kaydee up. "God, Phil, why did I have to bring her up? This date was going so perfectly and-"

"Wait, wait," I say letting the word "date" ring through my thoughts. "Date?" I say hopefully. I see Dan's eyes widen and shake his head.

"Stupid Dan," he says quietly to himself. "I didn't mean, I mean, I thought you didn't mind if, I'm so sorry Phil," I smile.

"No, no," I say hoping I don't screw anything up. "I'm okay with going on a date with you, Dan."

"But, I feel bad, I mean, Anna," he says trailing off. I scoot over and sit next to him leaning my back against the wall.

"Don't think about her tonight," I whisper lightly resting my hand on his. "It's just us two, okay?" he nods and sniffs idicating that he's crying.

"But, I feel bad, Phil," he says and keeps his hand under mind.

"Like I said, don't think about her tonight. It's just you, and me, and Paris," I say and he smiles slightly.

"That sounds nice," he whispers and entwines our fingers together. I blush looking down at our hands. "I like being in Paris with you Phil," he says.

"You know, this is the longest we've hung out together in almost a year," I say and butterflies creep to my stomach as he rubs his thumb across the side of my hand.

"Yeah, yeah it is," he answers leaning his head on mine and I nuzzle in the crook of his neck. "I've missed this."

"Really?" I ask pressing my forhead against his neck and he cuddles back into me.

"Yeah," he answers and I close my eyes. "I've been having these, erm, really weird thoughts, and um," he pauses.

"Go on," I whisper.

"Never mind," he says and I sigh out of frustration. Why won't he tell me what he's feeling? It's killing me! "I'm tired again, can we just fall asleep here?" Of fucking course we can.

"Yes," I respond. and nuzzle my face in his neck again. I decide to try it and plant a small light kiss on his neck. I feel his head move slightly and plant a small kiss on the side of my head.

"Love you Philly," I can barely hear it he whispers it so quietly. I blush and smile uncontrollably.

"Love you too Danny," I whisper back and drift off.

~

"Hey, get up! Get up!" Officer Little's voice pulls me out of my sleep and I lift my head out of the crook of Dan's neck.

"What sorry?" I ask sleepily and glance at Dan who was still pased out.

"Sorry, Romeo, we have to go now though," he said and nodded over at Dan. I nod and he stands up to wait by the door.

"How'd you get in our room?" I ask and he holds up a key.

"I'm a police officer, don't question me," is his answer and I roll my eyes to shake Dan's arm trying to wake him up.

"What? Philly?" he asks blindly snapping awake and I blush. "Ugh, what time is it?" he asks after coming to his senses.

"We have to leave," I say and stand up to offer him a hand. he takes it and we walk out the door.

"Wait, um, Dan, you go first, I have to talk to Phil really quick!" Officer Little says and Dan nods stepping on the elevator and giving a little wave to me which I returned. "So phil,"

"So, Officer," I say back awkwardly.

"You like Dan don't you?" He says grinning slyly at me. My eyes widen as I'm taken aback at this.

"Well, he's my best friend, of course I like him!" I say trying to avoid his eye contact. He laughs slightly.

"You know what I mean, Philip," he says. I roll my eyes.

"Why do you even care?" I ask.

"You ask him out yet?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I say with my voice slightly raising. "Don't get in my personal life, Dan and I are just friends, okay? He just got out of a realationship, and that girlfriend is a criminal, he needs space anyway! Even if i did like him which I don't." I press the elelvator button.

"Phil, I'm just messing with you!" he says and I roll my eyes again. "Look, you guys were just sleeping right up against each other, I'm not an idiot!"

"So what, you're just some expert on relationships now?" I ask. "You're starting to sound like a phan girl."

"My daughter likes you guys, you know," he says and my mouth opens slightly. "And all she can talk about is how you two just love each other!" he smirks and laughs as I roll my eyes.

"Whatever, he won't want to go out with me anyways so, whatever," I grumble as we step on the elevator that finally arrived.

"What part of sleeping right up against each other don't you get?" he asks and pushes the floor we need to go to. "Phil, you're in Paris, the city of love. Pluck up some balls, and do something!"

"Now, you're really starting to sound like a teenage girl!" I say and we step off the elevator to see everyone else gathered around the breakfast place. "This conversation's over," I say as we aproach the food and start to put some on our plate. I felt someone bump into my side and his hand brushed mine as I turn to see a red faced Dan.

"Erm, sorry," he says and grabs a muffin that was there before walking quickly away to the other officers. I smile at him and turn around to see Officer Little staring at me.

"You're going to regret it," he says and walks by me as I mock him rolling my eyes. I finish grabbing my breakfast and shit before walking over to where the others are sitting.