six ~ do you recognize this girl?

We arrive at the police station and I step out of the car and begin to enter the building when I realize that Dan isn't behind me. I turn around and see that he's sitting in the car just staring into space with fear glossed over his eyes. I walk back over to him.

"Dan, I know your scared, but how are we going to fine out what's going on if you don't turn the car off?" he glances up at me, sighs, and turns off the car still sitting.

"Okay, now what?" I sigh trying not to giggle.

"Now, we walk inside and see what's going on with your girlfriend," I say and open the car door to hold his arm and walk him inside.

~

"Dan Howell? Officer Little will see you now," a receptionist says and I stand up having to bring Dan up with me. He's still shaking.

"Relax, Dan, everything is going to be fine," I whisper and he nods still unsure. We walk towards officer Little and he motions for us to follow him.

"Your name doens't really suit you, how tall are you?" I say trying to relieve the tension. The officer glares back at me.

"You making fun of me?" he asks and my eyes widen and I shake my head. "Don't roll your eyes at me!"

"I didn't roll my eyes at you!" i protest when he bursts out laughing. I just look at him confused.

"Haha, sorry, I didn't mean to scare you too good, it's just, being a police officer gives me a way to make people crap their pants." he says and I nod slightly.

"That's.. great.." I say sarcastically and the officer laughs again before stopping in front of a room that had a sign outside the door that said "The Kaydee Hartmon case." We walk in and I look over at Dan who was looking into space in his own little world.

"Which one of you is Annabell Gordell's boyfriend?" the officer asks nobody in particular.

"Me," Dan's voice says. I've never seen him this freaked out in his life. Even when we got trapped in an elevator for two hours, he didn't care that much. He really does care about Annabell.

"Have a seat son, this could take a while," Dan nods barely and steps foreward to take a seat at the metal table which was the only object in the room except for a lamp lighting it up. Officer Little had locked the door when we came in. I stand back because it really isn't my place to be all in to this.

"Are we getting interigated?" I ask innocently and Officer Little laughs.

"No, no worries," he says. "Now Daniel, don't be scared, at first, all I'm going to do is ask you some very simple questions."

"I just want to know where my girlfriend is," Dan says quietly.

"If you listen, you'll find out," The guy says. He folds his hands together on the table to look more professional. "Now Daniel, how long have you known this girl?"

"Call me Dan, and to answer your question, almost two years." Dan says sounding the slightest bit more confident.

"Good, good," the guy pauses. "How long have you two been in a relationship?" Dan looks down then back up at the officer.

"Only a little less than that," he answers truthfully. The officer nods.

"And do you know her pretty well?" he asks and even though I can't see Dan's face, I can just tell that he's looking at the guy with extreme stupidity.

"Of course I do!" he says, way less nervous than before. "I feel like I've known her all my life! We tell each other everything!" The guy nods again as if a therapist.