dix-sept ~ please say yes

"Hurry up, Phil! I want to go swimming!" Dan says from outside the bathroom door. I decided to change in there while he changed out in the room. I kept fixing my hair and adjusting my bathing suit so it looked okay.

"Don't worry, I'm coming," I say and brush my hair one more time. Which is seriously stupid because we're going swimming. But, still. This is Dan I'm going to go to the pool with. I have to look my best.

I step outside the bathroom door to a shirtless Dan. I am SO okay with this. My eyes just continue to stare at his tan, bare chest when I realize what I'm doing, and snap my gaze up to see that he was doing the same exact thing. I blush furiously.

"Um, are we going to go?" I ask and he looks up with a pick tint to his cheeks.

"Erm, yeah, yeah, let's go," he says and we walk out.

We walk down the hall and to the pool which was COMPLETELY empty. Thank the lord. I walk over to put my stuff on a table, not looking at Dan anymore when I hear a loud splash. I turn and see that Dan has already jumped into the pool laughing.

"Is it cold?" I ask.

"No, actually it's really warm," He answers smiling at me. I take a running start and cannon ball into the pool, splashing Dan. The water is quite warm to be honest. Dan laughs and goes under water just swimming around. I smile at him. He's so perfect.

I swim to the edge of the pool and lean against it closing my eyes. This day has taken a turn for the better.

I just sit, lost in my own thoughts, then I jump and yelp slightly out of startle when Dan grabbed my ankle. His head showed up next to mine with him laughing at my reaction.

"Daniel, that wasn't funny," I say also slightly laughing.

"That's why you're giggling right?" he says still chuckling. I roll my eyes and splash him. "Hey!" he whines and splashes me back. I return the favor and take off swimming in attempt to get away from him, laughing. "Get back here!" he giggles trying to keep up.

"Never!" I cry and keep swimming. This goes on for what seems to be a while when he finally traps me in the corner of the pool. He splashes me, laughing, and I return fire. Soon I can't take anymore so I attempt to quickly swim around him, but he catches me around the waist holding me there. "Nooo," I half whine, half laugh.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asks laughing as I still try to get away. I keep fighting his arms, which I really didn't want to do, but it seemed necassary, until I finally give up.

"Okay fine," I say still tightly in his arms. "You got me, I give up!"

"Good," Dan says.

"Will you let me go now?" I ask and turn to give him a pouty face.

"As adorable as that is, Phil, the puppy dog face doesn't work on me. You're not leaving," I blush at his compliment and internally fan girl.

"So, now what?" I ask turning to face him. He directs his gaze to the ground and still holds my waist but is seeming to be holding the slightest bit tighter.

"I'm, uh, not sure, Phil," he says and I feel him tracing random patterns on my lower back which gives me butterflies. "Um, I was wondering,"

"Yeah?" I ask setting my hands on his waist too.

"What Officer Little said, um, what is our status?" he asks and turns bright red. He's probably regretting asking that.

"I don't know, Dan," I say leaning forward and resting my chin on his shoulder so we were sort of in a hug. I just wanted to be closer. "Do you want us to be, you know, us?"