Lost Cause

BonnieP.O.V.

“Let’s try again.” Loki said. I sighed. “This is the 10th time I tried today and nothing’s happening.” I said. We were in Loki’s room. Candles were all over the room but none of them were lit. Loki was trying to help me get back in contact with the other witches on the other side, but first I had to try and light the candles using a spell. “Try to focus.” he said. “I have, they just keep pushing me out, and they don’t want me. They think I’m too far gone that the expression is worse than it was before.” I said. “Please let just try one more time.” he said. I closed my eyes and started whispering a spell but before I could finish it I got a massive head ache. I cursed under my breath, they didn’t have to do that

“That’s it I can’t take this anymore!” I said getting up from my spot on the floor and walking towards the door. “Bonnie wait!” Loki said.“I’m done! I keep trying, and trying and they shut me out! If they won’t let me in fine I don’t care!” I said. “Yes you do. Bonnie we just have to keep trying.” he said. “It’s been a month without me using expression; I tried to go back to using spells and the witches won’t let me speak to them. So I’m sorry Loki I guess I’m just wasting your time.” I said before leaving his room. “You aren’t a waste of time Bonnie, not to me.” I stopped and looked back before I started walking again.

                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey Bonnie, what brings you here?” Steve asked sending me a smile as he set up another punching bag. After I left I went I was walking down the hall going past the gym but then I saw Steve and decided I would talk with him. “Oh you came to see my friend beat the crap out of a weak, defenseless punching bag.” I said. “Is something bothering you?” he asked as he started punching the bag. “Other than not being forgiven by the witches who killed my grams, and having the magic I possess take over me any chance I have from getting my control back then I’m fine.” I said. Steve stopped punching the bag and looked at me.

“I am a mess now a days, I tried not using expression so every morning I wake up with my bed caught on fire. Any time I get mad at myself something around me breaks, I can’t go to sleep without having dreams about my grams and Jeremy’s death and I cry until 6:00 in the morning.” I said.“Bonnie you should talk to Loki about this maybe he can help you, do a spell that will help the dreams go away-”“But that’s the thing he’s tried and it never works. I’ve even tried doing spells and it doesn’t work. I don’t even know why he kept on putting up with me for a whole month, there’s nothing I can do now I’m a lost cause.” I said before leaving the room. “Bonnie!” Steve called but I was already gone.

LokiP.O.V.

I was searching around for Bonnie. Steve came to my room and told me about what she said to him. I shook my head. Why would she think she was a waste of time and most of all a lost cause? I went down the hall were all are rooms are and when I went past Bonnies room I heard music coming from inside. I put my ear against the door.

Oh, dig my shallow grave

It's not me you'll save

'Cause I'm a lost cause

I'm a lost cause

A lost, lost cause

Wait, all this time that I have spent away

Makes me think that I might be okay,

The kiss of death will have to wait

My head, is holding on to all those things you said

You taught me to be strong and get through it, the mist of darkness

In my head

Oh, dig my shallow grave

It's not me you'll save

'Cause I'm a lost cause

I'm a lost cause

A lost, lost cause

I opened Bonnie’s door and saw her lying on her floor inside an upside down triangle made of what looked like salt and it was on fire. She had tears going down her face and her eyes were white. She was singing to the lyrics to the song and every once and a while she would say “I’m a lost cause”, “No one can help me” “No one is safe with me”, “I am lost and dead outside.”, “My friends we be better off without me. Care, Steve...Loki.” I was surprised at her last comment. She considered me as her friend? The man who attacked New York and got her Uncle killed during it. I didn’t know how I felt.

 Wait, no one said what's lost cannot be found

You are here to make it safe and sound,

Oh we, can make it, out alive

Fate, hath its way when all that's learned is sin

Nothing really matters in the end,

As long, as you, are with me, friend

I sang and Bonnie looked over at me from her spot. “Loki.” she said and the music turned off. “Bonnie, I hate to see you do this to yourself.” I said. “You are not a lost cause. You are a smart, beautiful young witch who is kind enough to consider me this monster, this lost soul as her friend.” I said. The fire around Bonnie died down and she sat up still in the triangle. “You are not a monster. Would a monster help someone that he could really not give a damn about? You may think your heart is cold but for this month I got to know a side of you that I think no one else on this team has seen. And I’m happy that you didn’t give up on me.” She said. I stepped towards her but the fire around the triangle came back up.

“I didn’t mean to do that.” she said as the flames got bigger and I almost couldn’t see her face. “Bonnie look at me.” I said and she did. “Just calm down okay, what are you feeling right now?” I asked. “I’m scared.” she said her white eyes looking around at the flames that surround her. “You don’t have to be scared Bonnie, I’m here.” I said stepping closer to the fire. “No don’t!” she said. “It’s okay trust me.” I said. “Take a deep breath.” I said and she did. “Now closed your eyes and try to do a spell.” I said. “Loki-” “Just try.” I said. She took another deep breath and closed her eyes as she murmured a spell under her breath and the fire went out. I stepped inside next to Bonnie and when she opened her eyes they were back to green. She looked down at the ground and smiled.

“I did it!” she said before pulling me into a hug. “THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!” she said and I laughed. She pulled away and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I gave her a smirk and her eyes went wide. “Don’t tell anyone I did that!” she said. “Of course Bonnie. But I think you missed.” I said pointing to my lips. She punched me in the lip. “Ah!” I said. I put my hand up to my lip and it had blood on it. “You made me bleed.” I said. She rolled her eyes and grabbed my face. She started doing another spell and then brushed her lips against my bottom lip. She let my face go and went over to her stereo. “What was that for?” I asked my lips feeling tingly. “I healed your lip, welcome.” she said. “My lip would have healed on its own, are you that you didn’t do that to try in kiss me?” I asked. “Wouldn’t you like to know.” she said. I went up to her and grabbed her hand and pulled her to me. I used my magic to turn on her music and we started to dance.

No one can understand me

Like you can understand

No one can fill your shadow

'Cause you are all I am

Oh, dig my shallow grave

It's not me you'll save

'Cause I'm a lost cause

I'm a lost cause

A lost, lost cause