Chapter Twenty-Eight

He put me down once we got to my house. I knew my mom was home but had no idea how she was going to act. There was only one way to find out.

I swung open the door and stepped in with Zach following me. My mom was sitting on the couch, on the phone.

"Uh, I got to call you back." She said, once she saw us. She hung up with phone and stood up. "What are you two doing? Your suppose to be at school."

"It's been a very bad day.." I told her.

"What happened? Are you okay?" She asked, with her worried look.

"She's perfectly fine, Mrs. Johnson." Zach said before I could speak. "Just the whole school found out about her pregnancy, but they didn't find out the reason."

"Oh Anna, I'm so sorry." She said hugging me. "Go upstairs and change, you don't want to get sick."

"Can Zach stay here? Please?" I asked, I didn't want him to leave.

"Yeah, but he needs to call his dad. I think Jack has some clothes that will fit him." She replied.

"Thank you." Zach said, as my mom ran up the stairs. A couple of minutes later she came down with some of my stepdad's clothes.

"Come on." I said heading up the stairs. I showed him the hall bathroom, then went into my own room. I got some clothes and shut the door. Quickly I yanked off the wet clothes, throwing them into my bath tub, then dyed myself off. I slipped on the dry clothes, rung out my hair, and brushed it out.

After all that, I opened my bedroom door, I was done at the exact moment Zach was. Jack's clothes on him were kinda long, but they weren't bad. 

"You look good." I told him laughing.

"Oh, shut up." He joked.

"Come on." I said. I walked back into my room, leaving the door open so my mom wouldn't expect anything. 

"Uh, so did you cheat on Ashley?" I asked sitting down onto my bed.

"What?" He sat down next to me.

"You two are going out, and well, we kissed.."

"Oh, we broke up this morning." 

"Can I ask why?" I said tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Well, you were right about her. She was using me to make you jealous, and the truth is.... Well, I liked you and I thought you didn't like me, so I went out with her to try to get the feelings to go away."

I stared at him, it was obvious that he was telling the truth, but I didn't expect that. "So you never did like her?"

"No, I never did." He paused. "Did you cheat on Eric?"

"No, we also broke up.... It's a long story.."

"I have time." He smiled, I never knew how much I loved his smile until now.

"Okay, do you know his brother, Brett?" He nodded. "Well, Brett and Julia are going out, and Brett was... trying to get her to have... sex with him. And Julia and I got into a huge fight about it, so I went to get Eric to stop him. Except Eric thought it was fine, so we got into an argument, and he started to talk about having sex with me, so I broke up him. There story short." 

"Someone needs to teach that guy a lesson." He said, looking completely mad.

"And that won't be you.. Even though he had no right to tell Ashley that I was pregnant." 

"You bet he had no right..."

"It's okay, you know what? I don't care what people think, they're judging me when they don't even know the story behind it, so why should I care?"

"Your so right." He said. "And now I want to do what I should of done a long time ago."

"What is that?"

"Do you want to go out with me." 

I smiled. "Of course I do." We hugged then kissed. This was what I'd been waiting for...