Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Month: One

Time passed quickly. I made up as much work as I could, and most of the time I stayed in my room. No one could get me to go any other place other than school, I didn't even want Zachary visiting me, especially after he saw me get into that fight. When he did we talked for long time before he left, then afterwards I'd always be mad at myself saying I was acting too happy for someone who just got raped. Before I knew it over a month had passed, and I wasn't showing a stomach or anything but I could see my belly was starting to "round" up some. 

"Anna, are you okay?" My mother called knocking on my bathroom door. I was kneeling down over the toilet throwing up. "Sweetheart, let me in."

"I'm fine!" I yelled, in between. "Leave me alone."

Once I knew I was finished I stood up and went over to my sink to rinse out my mouth. 

"Do you want to stay home from school today?" My mother was starting to annoy me, but I had to remind myself she was concerned.

"No, I'll go." I told her, walking out of the bathroom right past her and into my room.

I quietly got ready then headed to school. My mom of course was driving me. She wouldn't let me walk anywhere now, after what had happened. Usually Julia rode with us but today her mom was taking her.

Once there I saw Zach already there talking to some of his guy friends he had made. I tried to walk the other way but he saw me and ran up to me.

"Hey, Anna." He said.

"Hi." My voice sounded boring like always.

"You don't look so good today, are you okay?" 

I kept walking. "I'm fine."

He grabbed my arm. "Tell me what's wrong." It was a demand.

I fought away from his grab. "It's everyone bugging me! Can't you all see I just want to be left alone!"

"But I thought you liked having me at your school?"

"Your taking up all my space! What I have been through was not fun, so if you don't mind I'll be going to class."

I turned away and headed for first hour. I didn't hear him following me.

~<3~

I sat at my desk staring at my homework. I couldn't concrete on it, I hardly could anymore. I looked down at my belly again.

I sighed and looked away. I reached under my desk and pulled out my laptop. I brought up the calender, it was late October. Doing some math in my head I calculated that I'd give birth around June. Which was a good thing, because it would be summer time and I'd have time to recover before going back to school. 

There was a knock at my door. "Come in." I muttered.

Julia walked in holding a box. She looked unusually happy. 

She pulled up a chair next to me, and sat down. Then got serious. "Zach's upset." She told me. 

I sighed. "And?"

"Well, when he's upset he acts like a total jerk. Ignoring everyone, and when he does speak to you it's yelling."

"All I did was tell him the truth. Yes, the truth can hurt some times, but it had to be said." I was starting to get annoyed. I hated company, even if it was my best friend.

"Okay then.." There was silence. She moved the box from one hand then finally seemed to realize she still had it. "Guess what's in this!"

"What is it?" I eyed the box.

"My Halloween costume!" She got excited again.

"Halloween?" I looked back up at her. Every Halloween we would dress up and go trick-or-treating together. It was something we did.

"Yeah, what are you gonna be?" She asked me.

"Well.... I haven't thought about it."

"What?" She looked surprised. "Halloweens in two days."

Now it was my turn to be surprised. "What?"

"Yeah, so we have to go get your costume, like today."

She got up and started gathering her things. 

"Julia, wait!" I stood up.

"What?" She asked, looking up.

"I don't want to go trick-or-treating this year."

"But, we go every year!" She looked hurt.

"I'm sorry."

"What are you going to do that night, sit in your room?" 

I nodded, that was exactly what I had planned.

"You have to get out and have some fun Anna." She told me.

"I don't want to have fun."

"Please? I was really looking forward to this."

I knew there was no point in arguing with her. "Fine, I'll go."

She squeaked in delight. "Let's go get your costume!

~<3~

We spent forever looking at the costumes. I couldn't find any that I liked. Julia was gonna be a witch, but what was I suppose to be?

"What about a fairy?" She asked pulling a pink costume from the rack.

"No..." I replied. 

"Well, you have to choose something! I have to go home soon, it's getting late."

"Fine." I closed my eyes and grabbed a random costume from the highest rack.

It was a black cat. "Awhhh! You'll look so cute!" Julia told me.

"Yeah." I replied, I didn't want to be a cat but oh well.

We started walking towards the front when we passed a row of puffy dresses. I stared at them, then an idea popped into my head.

I put the cat costume on a random self and grabbed a dark red puffy dress. It was frilly, and perfect.

"What are you doing?" Julia asked.

"I'm gonna be a princess." I replied.

I walked back over to the Halloween stuff and grabbed some make-up and a crown.

"So a princess and a witch?" Julia asked me with a laugh.

"Yep, we're going original but yet we're not." I smiled as Julia looked at me confused.

I was actually excited for something.