Chapter Thirty-Three

      "Are you getting ready?" My mom yelled from her bedroom. It was Saturday night, and the prom was in a hour, and I was so lost. I've never been the kind to do hair and make-up, so I had no idea what to do. So I had decided to not put on make-up and do my hair. If I tried to do any of that girly stuff for something like prom, I'd make myself look more horrible than before.

     "I just need to put on my dress and shoes when it's time to go!" I called back to her, as I headed to her room where she was rubbing lipstick off of Lilly. She was that age where she got into everything and thought she could do whatever she wanted, it was annoying since my mom had to watch her 24/7.

     "Your not ready." She said, when she saw me walk into the room.

     "Well, I can't do my make-up and hair, so I decided to go like this." I replied stiffly. I didn't even want to go to stupid prom.

     "I'll do it for you." She wiped the rest of the red lipstick off of Lilly, and turned on Spongebob. I watched as Lilly climbed to the edge of the bed, and stared at the tv. 

     "Uh... Sure." I said. I hadn't had my mom do my hair since I was like five, and I never had her do my make-up, but I couldn't look worse than I did now, right?

     "Come here." She said, pointing to her chair at her make-up table. She turned it away from the mirror, as I sat down. She began to search through one of her make-up bags. She had tons of make-up, but she still found ways to keep it organized. She pulled out a round container of powder foundation.

     "Foundation?" I asked staring at it, wondering if she was gonna make me look like one of those hookers that wear a bunch of eyeshadow and foundation.

     "Don't worry, just a little bit. And you have the same skin color as me, so it'll fit you just fine." She motioned for me to close my eyes. I let them slid shut as I felt her start to rub the foundation across my face.

     "Open your eyes." She told me, I slid them open. 

    "It's your prefect skin color." She told me with a smile. She slipped it back into the bag she got it out of, and began looking for something else. 

     "Mom?" I said, my voice felt tight. 

     "Yes, Anna?" She pulled out a small pallet containing blue, brown, and white eyeshadow. I closed my eyes as she began to apply it to my eyelids.

     "I've been thinking a lot lately... And I still don't know whether to keep my daughter or not... I mean, I want to, but it'll be hard since I'm not even fifteen yet." I took a deep breathe. "I know i'll be fifteen in a month.. But... I just don't know." My voice sounded weak.

     "Well, sweetheart. You will make the right decision with whatever you do. If you don't feel like your ready to be a mother, give her to someone who is. If you feel like you can, then we will get you everything you need. And if you do keep her, I'll be helping you everyday after she's born, so you won't be doing it on your own." She put the eyeshadow back in the bag, and grabbed a stick of eyeliner off of the table.

     "What do you think I should do?" I closed my eyes again. It felt right to talk to my mom about this. She was so supportive.

     "It doesn't matter what I think, it's your choice." She moved the eyeliner along my eyelid.

     "I just want to know what you think." I argued.

     She sighed. "I think you should keep her, I believe you'd be a good mother after you got the hang of taking care of a baby." She pulled the eyeliner away and tossed it back onto her table. She lifted up a tube of mascara. "Almost done with your make-up."